Problem with Artic Freezer III 360

Associate
After advice here, I ordered an Artic Freezer III 360 AiOC.

Arrived, and I downloaded the manual… it advised to check compatibility with motherboard … I put in details (Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master). The website tool advise the cpu head unit will foul on a heatsink.

They will provide an alternate heatsink to exchange free of charge. Fine.
However 4 separate requests just give the same ‘we will repond message’. … no reference number, and no contact back.
I can’t find any UK contact number.

Anybody had to exchange their heatsink ?

Check this video out, the Arctic can be a bit of a nightmare and i can't find if they do any others.

I think i would either buy a better heatsink (if you can get one small enough to fit under the cooler and big enough to cool a pcie5 drive) or return your NVME drive and get a heatsink version.

After advice here, I ordered an Artic Freezer III 360 AiOC.

Arrived, and I downloaded the manual… it advised to check compatibility with motherboard … I put in details (Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master). The website tool advise the cpu head unit will foul on a heatsink.

They will provide an alternate heatsink to exchange free of charge. Fine.
However 4 separate requests just give the same ‘we will repond message’. … no reference number, and no contact back.
I can’t find any UK contact number.

Anybody had to exchange their heatsink ?
That are probably just slow to respond, I know when I asking them a question a while back on case compatibility they took about 6 weeks to respond.

If your not running a gen 5 drive your probably best using one of the other M.2 and leaving the heating off on the one near the socket for now until they get a replacement out to you.

That are probably just slow to respond, I know when I asking them a question a while back on case compatibility they took about 6 weeks to respond.

If your not running a gen 5 drive your probably best using one of the other M.2 and leaving the heating off on the one near the socket for now until they get a replacement out to you.
Think the drive is a Crucial T700 or could be Corsair.

I remember a couple of years ago i asked Arctic for support for a cooler and am still waiting for a response. :(

Arctic can be a bit of a pain to get replys back even as someone who sells their product. I end up speaking to them via their linked in.

For a quick fix, remove the M.2 heatsink (Big one just below the CPU socket) and fit your M.2 in one of the other M.2 slots.

The Arctic M.2 heatsinks work fine, yeah they are not the most amazing quality but they work (Even on Gen5 Drives like the T700/705) but they are about a fiver. If you have Prime you can get one next day for a £4.29 or a bit better quality (In my opinion) Thermalright for £4.39. I understand its a pain and you have to lay out another fiver but these couple of alternative solutions should get you sorted and running with no fuss.

Think the drive is a Crucial T700 or could be Corsair.

I remember a couple of years ago i asked Arctic for support for a cooler and am still waiting for a response. :(
Thanks .. it is Gen5 so I'll have the struggle :-) the vidoe has helped

Thanks .. it is Gen5 so I'll have the struggle :-) the vidoe has helped
Think there is a second gen5 slot under the lower heatsink, should be the one just below the gpu slot.

Not sure how good the cooling will be seeing as it is just a flat plate like you get for gen4 drives, but is is a option to consider/try.

You will still have to remove the top m.2 cooler stack to fit you AIO though.

It's a full wrap-around heat sink, so all 4 sides ..not just a stuck on top layer, and just watched independent video tests of it, and thermal performance is pretty good.
Did you mean I could put Gen 5 M.2 in either of the 2 PCIe 5.0 slots, and they both have direct connection to CPU, had not realised both had this. (Never had M.2 storage before)
Though doesn't prevent me having to change heatsink of nearest to CPU M.2 as it fouls cooler - but I could leave it empty and put the M.2 in lower slot.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom