Problem with bluetooth between my ipod touch and my phone

Associate
I recently bought a new phone and an ipod touch. The two things where meant to compliment each other and for this I was relying on bluetooth as a means of transmission. Unfortunately My phone is able to to detect my ipod, but it won't establish a connection with it. The ipod can't even detect my phone at all. I have switched bluetooth on on both devices and made them always visible, but no luck. I have the following:

Samsung Genio Touch
iPod Touch 2G 32GB

I realise it's a rather specific set of circumstances, but maybe someone on here can point me in the right direction? I'd appreciate it!

(Wasn't 100% sure if this is the right forum to post this in, but it seemed the most appropriate.)

Soldato
What are you trying to use the connection for? The iPod Touch has a very limited set of Bluetooth profiles so there is no file transfer. As far as I'm aware it only supports:

A2DP Source (Stereo Audio Transmission)
Partial AVCRP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile) - to control the iPod playback (only play/pause is supported)
HSP (Headset Profile) - To use a Bluetooth headset
HFP (Hands Free Profile) - To answer and make calls via a headset

Associate
OP
Sigh, that's irritating. Despite quite a lot of research into it that's a missing feature I didn't pick up on.

I just wanted to be able to transfer photos/mp3s or whatever between the two things. There are other ways of doing it, but it'll be more complicated. Oh well, thanks for the reply :)

Soldato
hi

did you find any futher info out

i have the ipod touch 2G. i've enabled bluetooth but it finds no devices when i search. likewise when i use my phone to search for new devices (windows mobile) it finds nothing.

does the ipod only pick up other ipods/iphones?

bit useless if it does.

ta

Back
Top Bottom