• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Problem with Gigabyte 2080 ti Driving me nuts

Associate
Hi There

So I have had some really frustrating problems with my Gigabyte RTX2080ti OC. I keep getting weird crashes. I can be gaming fine for hours and then bam she will crash or i get weird artefacts on the screen. I have tried as many suggestions as I can. I look in the event viewer and i get loads of these types of errors
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The description for Event ID 13 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\Video3
Graphics SM Global Exception on (GPC 5, TPC 2, SM 1): Multiple Warp Errors

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My System
i9 9900k (bought October 2018)
Asus Xi Hero Mobo (Bought October 2018)
32GB Corsair vengeance Ram (Bought Feb 2018)
Corsair H150i Pro AIO (Bought October 2018)
PSU Corsair RM1000w (Bought December 2018. I changed my old 750w psu thinking this might be a problem)
Gigabyte RTX2080 TI Gaming OC (Bought November 2018)

I am 95% certain it is the graphic card that is at fault. These problems only started occurring after it was installed. However when using google to find a solution I cant pin down what the problem is as there are loads of different reason I have read that can be the cause.

What I have done so far
Used DDU to uninstall graphic drivers and clean reintsall.
Tried older video drivers
Complete reinstall of Windows 10
Replaced my old Corsair PSU 750w with a new 1000w one
Switched Ram around
tested Ram. All come back ok
Tried adding a few entries to registry editor as suggested on some of the pages I have visited

I bought the GPU from Overclockers but I figure it may be quicker and easier to RMA with Gigabyte direct. Whats driving me insane is that I have read stories of people getting their GPU's back and still having the same problem. I don't think I have come across a solution which many people have had.

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated. Should I just RMA the card?

Associate
Have you overclocked the card any more than stock ? (If so revert back to 'out the box' clocks and try again) If you havn't overclocked it any further - Have you tried unclocking / volting it ?

Associate
OP
I haven't overclocked the graphics card no. It has been suggested to under clock it but I really don't want to. I paid for the card to run at advertised specs, don't believe I should have too set it to under perform.

Soldato
Bad card which can't hold it's "boost" clocks, which not all games will use. I had that with a 970 (and a 780 before that, and a 470 before that) :/

It took me literally weeks to track down the cause. It's one reason I switched to AMD lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom