• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Problem with my GTX 480 - low FPS

Associate
Hi, I recently bought new PC
Asus GeForce GTX 480 1536MB GDDR5
Radon AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 95W Edition 2.80GHz @ 3.80GHz Overclocked Bundle
Corsair XMS3 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit (CMX4GX3M2A1600C9)
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB SATA 6Gb/s 16MB Cache - OEM (ST3500413AS) - set in Raid 0.
Antec Sonata IV Quiet Case - Black (620W PSU)
Win 7 64x

I have put everything together (had to reset overcloceked bundle to default settings as computer didnt want to boot - but I'm not to fussed to have it overclocked) - all worked ok, windows installed without any problems, I have updated BIOS and all the drivers to the latest available. I have installed my first game and there goest the disappointment bit after lunching it (World of Tanks) I had less then 30 fps, I have tried few more (Far Cry 2 - 55fps, Bulletstorm was so bad I couldnt even start it as the First page of the game is dynamic and on my screen it was running one frame after another).
I was'n sure what to do so I ve read little bit and find out that my PSU might be to low, so I have replaced it with OCuK 700W, and it did make a difference now in Far Cry 2 I have 60-70 fps, but when i looked up some test on the website is should have 120fps (running tests with the same settings that were on the website). So my question is: Do I replace the PSU again and gert a 1000 monster or would it might suggest that card is faulty? or maybe my ram is not working @ 100% and causting problems. (On the side note when I'm working in Photoshop for 5-56 hr I have no problem what so ever and its a blast so i dont really think its a ram).
Any thoughts ?

Permabanned
PSU wouldnt cause low fps, The Antec PSU is prob better than OcUKs own, even though its rated lower, if it was a lack of power issue it would either not boot at all or just crash under load
Try running a benchmark such as 3dmark and seeing what results you get, also download and run gpuz and post up a screenshot, make sure eveythings set up right

Associate
OP
Ok here it is link to the GPUZ
aw3.png

And here is 3D mark
http://3dmark.com/3dmv/2968147

I ve got 19000 so as GTA767 suggested but still cant understand such poor performance in games looking at the FPS.
Hopefully you will be able to advise :)
Thanks

Associate
GPU-z clocks etc all look correct. My 3dmark Vantage score is: 22723 so you are not far behind for a completely stock system. What resolution are you playing at? Might be worth overclocking the cpu as it may be causing a bottleneck in some games.

Associate
OP
I'm playing 1680x1050 @ 100Hz, when I bought this bundle it came as pre-overclockedbut it wasn booting until I have loaded default settings. I might contact OC support to try and overclock it to the original OC settings. Thanks for input everyone :). One last thing, someone suggested to me that all my problems (not booting computer from the overclocked settings, low fps, screen tearing) might be causedby one of the RAM sticks beeing faulty? 4x2 GB.

Back
Top Bottom