Problem with soundbar connectivity - Sky Q issue or maybe TV?

Associate
Hi folks. Hope someone with more knowledge can shed some light on this for me. I have a sony sounder and sub (CT-260) that's about 10 years old but still in good condition. I decided to try setting it up yesterday. Basically all i did was plug the sounder into the TV via HDMI in the arc port on the telly. I switched the telly on and changed the sound to the external sounder and switched it on. I changed the input setting on the sound bar to TV HDMI and bobs your uncle. Everything working perfectly and the Sky Q remote picked it up automatically so I could change volume and mute using that. Perfect. All was going great.

However here's the issue and this may be really obvious but I haven't a clue. Every time I come out of live tv on Sky into the menu system the sound disappears and i think it goes back to optical input. If i manually go back to TV HDMI nothing happens and I have to switch it off and back on again and back to live tv for it to work. I think the TV flashed up with "RC Pass through" when this happens. Every individual aspect seems to work fine but this keeps happening and I simply don't know what to do?

Can anyone help?

Back
Top Bottom