• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Problems with new 8800GTS

Associate
Hi Guys,

A friend of mine just got a new 8800GTS, He removed older drivers 1st from safe mode and cleaned everything, Even formatted but no luck to his problem.

When he starts up with the 8800GTS in he gets this,

Pic1.JPG

We have tried new drivers, Fresh install of Windows after a format. Disconnected all drives apart from boot drive still no luck.

He gets BSOD's aswell after the 1st roboot after driver installation, Then just freezes.

When it freezes looks like this,

Pic2.JPG

Loading screen looks like this,

Pic3.JPG

Freezed up in safemode aswell. He has 700 Watt PSU so the card is getting enough power, Tried latest WHQL drivers and latest beta drivers.

Specs:

Windows Vista 64 Bit
DFI INFINITY NF4 SLI Motherboard with latest bios.
4GB Corsair value select
4600+ x2 AMD, skt 939

Anyhelp will be greatly appreciated, Thanks.

Permabanned
Looks like either an iffy power supply, as above has cottoned on, or graphical corruption.

a) Is it fully inserted into the PCI-E slot, not just partially?
b) Is the power connector for it in properly?
c) If you've tried all drivers, reinstalls, checked it's inserted properly and all the connections are secure, it may be a faulty card.

Tk7

Tk7

Associate
Hmm, it's visible before it hits windows, so I can't see it being a software/driver issue.

Assuming the PSU is up to it, the card looks like it may have a fault. Is there another card you could swap test it with?

Associate
OP
phil14 said:
you said 700W PSU what brand?

It's an XPower 700 watt PSU.

Hmm, it's visible before it hits windows, so I can't see it being a software/driver issue.

Assuming the PSU is up to it, the card looks like it may have a fault. Is there another card you could swap test it with?

Yeah we tested with his older 7600GT card and it works fine.

Soldato
martin9887 said:
It's an XPower 700 watt PSU.

Yeah we tested with his older 7600GT card and it works fine.

Never heard of that brand of PSU before, get a Corsair PSU if there is power issues.

Its almost certainly a borked card from the looks of it, memory is proberbly gone on it.

Associate
OP
I kind of thought it was borked as soon as saw the boot screen aswell. Thought better to get more opinions on it though, Incase others have had smilar problems :).

He is sorting the card for return now, Hope the 2nd one is better.

Cyber-Mav, Yeah I thought that aswell, Maybe it's just one that slipped through or something.

Back
Top Bottom