probs with o2 set up

Associate
hi ppl just installed a new network card tp link tl-wn951n all installed fine but now when im trying to set up o2 broadband the set up cd isnt listing my network card to select to use it tho it does list my onboard adapters.
any ideas guys. the new card is recognised in windows

Associate
OP
the o2 set up cd u get with o2 . ive never set up a wireless network b4 so bare with me but im sure with a few pointers ill be fine. i must be blessed tho ive got the gr8 tolien on my post thread and i mean that in a nice way m8 i know ur a very respected member of the forums and have read a few of the post uve placed.

Last edited:
Soldato
you really don't need the o2 cd. lob it in the bin. is this o2 connection new to you? for initial configuration you should connect via ethernet and make sure the wireless is setup securely using WPA2 encryption. i think it's setup with WEP as default which is about as much use as a chocolate fire guard. :p

Associate
OP
ye its a new connection i thought i had set up the wap key from under the o2 box
but tbh im un sure which settings things should be on such on the tp link software theres 3 options windows ,tp link n and third party think im gonna need a good read up on what things should be on.

the o2 box lites up fine seems fine and all seems installed fine too windows sees everything just getting onto net just dun play ball

also dunno if this will shed any lite on it

wirelesssettings.png

Last edited:
Caporegime
What's the dialog from? It's not native to Windows, whatever it is...

The easiest way is to use a cable, but SSID broadcast is enabled and you have the WPA key so it should just be a case of pointing your wireless card at it and it'll connect.

i must be blessed tho ive got the gr8 tolien on my post thread

Erm, what?

Associate
OP
its tp links own set up utility i could set it up with wires but id really like to do away with them and set it up wirelessly ill find some threads and read up on how to set it up wirelessly manually.

i dont know if i should use the software that came with the adapters or just let windows control the lot

and u must be pretty gr8 ur the mod and got over 24k posts and think everyone on this forum knows who tolien is. damn i sound like im crawling now

u know any dummys guides with step by step run thros as i think its what i need

Caporegime
Well once it's set up (not that it should need any), there's nothing stopping you using wireless.
There's nothing in that screenshot which is particularly useful. If you're connected to the router and using the correct WPA key, make sure the machne's getting an IP from the router.

Back
Top Bottom