Productive day at work ?

Yep. Taught a circuit class, did a gym induction and finished off with a personal training session.

It's great being able to get your own workout in during work hours!

Not done much at work today either. Dealt with a few alarms and incidents, read a few emails. And just generaly chilled out and browsed the net since bout 5 this morning. And its the end of my 4 days on so 4 days off now! Seems to have been a slow day nationaly. :)

Spare a thought for all of us who work nightshifts when you're all down the pub tonight.

But seeing as it's Friday I'll be taking it easy, maybe play cards for a few hours, so it wont be that productive a shift.

Productive???!?!?!? um.... kinda. Stuck with nasty bgp problems, stupid RIP problems, and stupid datastream problems. In all I've learn a lot and repaired almost nothing. Though I've got another couple of hours yet, so I'm may have done somethign useful before I go home.

However daydreams of beer and beaches isn't helping. Nothing like the wind down week before a holiday.

Cant say I've been especially productive today.. I've done work, but I've hardly stretched myself. Me and my boss also rewarded ourselves with a long lunch to go to the pub and sit in the sun with a nice frosty pint or three. Shame that I have a cold and feel totally rubbish now :/

Today was pretty much a complete dead loss - turned up at a place today expecting to be able to hand them some data and let them get on with it, ended up having to spend 5 hours teaching them how to use their own software. Well, 3 hours teaching them, 2 hours getting their software working in the first place. God bless waste-of-space IT admins who seemingly get paid to completely destroy company computer networks.... :rolleyes:

Did loads before lunch. All my suppliers go home at about 1pm on a Friday though, so it all goes quiet.

Had a meeting out in the sun at a picnic bench this afternoon, and then didn't do a lot really.

Came home, discovered my brand new contract & offer letter waiting in my inbox, marvelled at the 40% salary increase :cool:, wrote out my resignation letter and now I'm off down the pub to celebrate... WOOHOO!!! Today is a fabulous day!

I have had a productive day, but saying that every day is the same for me, had some VPN issues to sort out and provided some training, then a quick meeting before i left for the day, thank god its the weekend now, i feel washed out.

Today i got up, had breakfast, fed the nipper, surfed the web, took the nipper for a walk etc etc.

Might sound idylic, but we are supposed to be on a beach on holiday right now, had to cancel at the last minute due to a death in the family, prob lost all the money as well :(

Oh well.

My productivity is as follows:

Monday: 15%
Tuesday: 30%
Wednesday: 65%
Thursday:40%
Friday: 99%

I really am bad on a friday. We get through the morning ok, then we go to the pub for dinner and after a few pints I get back to work and just cannot stop. I turn into a lean mean working machine.

I used to start winding down about tuesday afterboon as the weekend is so far away. Time flies the harder you work though. I was shell shocked that it was 5pm tonight. So we went back to the pub!

Burbleflop said:
:cool: Fantastic! Did you prod them in any way to get the letter hurried along?
I prodded them almost daily :D They told me that they'd be posting it before the end of the week. Something kicked off** at work on Friday, so I called them and asked whether they could give me a posting date. The told me it had been posted Thursday. Called home and it wasn't there. They rang me back in the afternoon and asked if I would like it emailed to me. Hurah!! Contact looks fantastic. Better in every way than my current one. Can't wait! :D

**My new boss is friends with the guy who is the boss at my current work place. My new boss rang and left a message on my current boss' answerphone. He said that I was interested in a position at RR, that we'd had a chat and that he'd like to talk to my current boss about it. My current boss didn't ring him back, but took this as "Kate has been offered a job and accepted it". They haven't approached me about this issue at all. The last conversation we had was that I'd had the interview, but I didn't know if I had the job yet (I did, they'd already rung me, but I wasn't saying anything until I had it in writing). My bosses have been making contingency plans all week, and yesterday my boss' buyer went into the buyer's meeting and told them all that I'd been offered the job and would probably accept it. This got back to me through the grapevine, and I was understandably absolutely livid (couldn't say anything though because I'm not supposed to know). They STILL haven't even asked if I got the job or if I would take it. Their complete lack of professionalism astounds me at times, and it got to the point on Friday where I just wanted to hand in my notice regardless. We had "code of conduct" training last month, and it really makse me wonder if they just sat there with cotton wool in their ears because they've violated it completely by behaving like this. Thankfully, I now have my contract, so I've written my letter and will be handing it in on Monday. I finish on 19th May :cool:

Rant over. Sorry, still very angry with them about it, grrrrrrrrr!

Back
Top Bottom