ProFTPD 1.3.6 TLS session resumption...

Soldato
Hi all,

Let me start by saying I know absolutely nothing about ProFTPD...

Essentially I've setup a FileZilla server and it all working perfectly. Using TLS with the following setting enabled:

"Require TLS session resumption on data connection when using PROT P"

But we have one company that can't connect in.

They were using the 1.3.5b version of ProFTPD which we've found doesn't support TLS session resumption. For this reason, I've requested that they upgrade their end to ProFTPD 1.3.6. They have no done this and irritatingly it STILL doesn't work.

In the FileZilla FTP server I still see this error:

450 TLS session of data connection has not resumed or the session does not match the control connection

and an empty file is uploaded.

I don't know what to suggest to them to get this working as I don't know ProFTPD at all.

I was just wondering if anyone has got this working in the past and may have some info I can pass their way to get this working please? When I turn off TLS session resumption on the server it all works, but as it's a security measure I don't want to turn it off if we can avoid it.

Thanks,

G

Soldato
OP
Turns out the guy who said it uses ProFTPD was wrong, it's actually using PHP.

Doesn't help me solve the issue, but does mean all the time I've put into trying to solve it so far was a complete waste. GG.

Soldato
OP
It also turns out that ProFTPD is not even an FTP client it's a server. Se we both don't know **** lol

Back
Top Bottom