Project 63hPa

Associate
Logo.jpg

Time for my first build and first mod. Will be a staged build as I need to gather funds to make this into eventually a hard-tubed watercooled rig, but need to replace my current laptop quickly.

It's named as a twist of my own screen name, the altitude and air pressure in which a human can no longer survive without a space suit.

It'll be built as follows:
Stage 1: Modify the case & build a functioning PC
Stage 2: Add graphics cards!
Stage 3: Watercool

Initial Build:
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX
Processor: Intel i7-4790K
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming G1
RAM: Kingston HyperX 4x 4GB 2400MHz Savage DDR3 Memory
Storage: HyperX Savage 240GB
Cooler: Corsair H80i
PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750W G2

Modding:
Theme will be White Blue & Orange accents
Painting the case white, inside and blue outside.
Painting motherboard heatsinks blue
SSD's painted blue
Radiators and fans will be painted, not sure what colour yet.
Naturally this is all subject to change!

To add in the future:
Graphics Cards: Possibly only a GTX 970 as this should fit my needs.
Extra Storage: An extra SSD, 2TB HDD (brand TBC.)
Cables: Trying to source the individual components to custom make and sleeve them to length.

Watercooling:
1x 360mm thin rad on top
1x 280mm thin rad on the front
D5/DDC Pump
EKWB clear blocks
Big Tube Res
Hard tubing
Pastel Orange coolant.

I've taken a lot of inspiration from some of the fantastic projects on this forum over the last 6 months of researching and I can't wait to get started. Here's my initial plan...

PCinside.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks, project is moving along quicker than I had imagined, perhaps sloth doesn't describe it so well...

Minor spec change changed in first post, including my newly purchased RAM and SSD from the OCUK/HyperX event in London.

Keechy, did we speak at the event?

Associate
Thanks, project is moving along quicker than I had imagined, perhaps sloth doesn't describe it so well...

Minor spec change changed in first post, including my newly purchased RAM and SSD from the OCUK/HyperX event in London.

Keechy, did we speak at the event?

yes i was the guy you thought worked there

Associate
OP
yes i was the guy you thought worked there

I remember, hi again :p

Project is moving much faster forward than I anticipated, so gone is the old name and in comes a new one with a play on my screen name.

Also toying with the idea of orange coolant and a blue case, not sure just yet, got a way to go.

Sneeky peeky what I was up to this weekend...

SSDsneekypeeky.jpg

Associate
OP
I decided to go the plastidip method for paining my mobo/ram/ssd. The thought was that if things went wrong I could peel it off and return it, considering I'd like to keep the warranty on my parts.

Unfortunately it's a total pain to work with. Thanks to a friend of mine it's easy enough to spray, but the cutting and peeling to reveal logos was a lot harder than expected, and after 6 Swann-Morton blades I managed to get through to as much of it as I dared.

In another super-warranty world I'd have had it painted with proper paint and had the logos masked, but it's a bit beyond this build, maybe in the future, who knows? It was also incredibly difficult to mask the fins on the RAM heat spreaders, and as such there is a bit of red showing if you look closely.

Excuse the glare in the photos, I've not got light diffusers quite yet...

Mobo2.jpg

mobo1.jpg

Associate
OP
Well I totally love the new Enthoo Evolv ATX, so I think I'll be saving for that.

Here are my ideas for layout and internal. Prospective loop too eventually, though it's likely to be more bendy and complex because I like that sort of thing...

Not a lot of actual building so far with the PC, waiting on parts.

case_external.jpg

PCinside.jpg

Associate
As much as I love the red and black combo, it's too common and I think it's great to see another build here moving away from the norm and trying something different :)

Associate
OP
Thanks NMBlack, I quite agree with you. Every PC and component these days seem to be Black/Red, but a bit of time with a rattle can you can make something quite unique. Can't wait to get the case ordered and some water flowing around it!

Associate
OP
I love the look of the evolv atx in blue, looks very nice :D

Also white interior with orange coolant gets my thumbs up too :p

I have been considering different coats for the case. The ultimate match would be to use Plasti Dip like the motherboard is painted with, but I just don't like the texture and I'm not sure I like the finish so much with the rattle cans (I assume the finish is better with a proper gun but I don't have one of those and I'm not going to buy one for a quick paint job).

So I've got some halfrauds BMW Arctic White to spray the insides with, but for the outside I'm strongly considering using some 3M Scotchprint in "matte metallic blue", like what people wrap their cars in.

bim2.jpg

This colour is really stunning in my opinion, whether it suits the case or not I'm not sure, but you can pick it up on that well known auction site for about £25, worth a punt!

Back
Top Bottom