Project: Excess

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Why's it showing less than 10GB ram?

its a known bug on SR2 at the moment.

its on the latest bios, according to the EVGA forums we should have a fix this week. [hopefully before collection]

seems to only do it randomly about 1/10 times.
i thought i had botched somethign when i was clocking it. increased IOH voltage seems to minimise its occurance

but a restart sorts it out :)

Soldato
Holy **** those folding screenies are nuts,

I get 2m 50secs on a standard A3 core, non standards (bigger ones ) like 7 mins and the big advs are like 30 - 40 mins

Thats on the rig in spec, with a rough 15-20k ppd, man id love one of those for folding, especially with those Gfx cards too, ahwell back to dreaming.

Soldato
any way you can hint at the approx cost of the rig? Would the customer give permission for you to tell us what he paid?

even to the nearest £100??

It's all available on the OCUK shop and comes out around the £4k mark for parts so far as I can see.

Soldato
I think you mean 6cores/12 threads and 12 cores/24 threads

The same thing you have explained but it has the potential to utilise 24 threads in a multi threaded program.

Yup thats a lot clearer then how i put it *hangs head in shame* lol.

Thats one hell of a crunching machine

Strange that SMP produces more than Bigadv though

Nah not really, that rig can crunch thorugh many A3 units in a day, where it will still take 1 day+ for a big adv to complete.

And don't forget the quicker u do the projects the more points u get, so 100+ mins per A3 = a lot of points, my 5 hour A3's give me about 3.5k points, so it all adds up

Myself and many others on the team i fold for, gave up on big advs and just crunch through loads of the normal A3's, some still do the big advs, but they leave there comps folding 24/7.

Associate
Do you think you can bring yourself to hand it over when he comes to collect? It'll be like the Lord of the Rings all over again... (L0rd of teh Ringz)

Seriously though, if I had that hardware, I would have a massive side window! May not look sophisticated, but with hardware like that you have to show it off!

Back
Top Bottom