Project ICEGOD

Associate
HKit5uzh.jpg

Hi folks :)

I hope you're all on a great start in to the new year! I'd like to get started on a project that has been in the 'messing about' stages for a while with ideas and hardware that have changed over the time to arrive at where we are now.

Project ICEGOD is now officially in the works and the amazing guys at MSI UK, Parvum, and Super Flower have all agreed to get on board. LET'S BANG.

Swiggity swooty bits:

Intel Haswell-E 5960X 8-Core 4.7 chip
MSI X99A Godlike Gaming Carbon
2 x MSI GeForce GTX 1080 GAMING X
HyperX Predator Pro M.2 480GB SSD
4 x HyperX Savage SATA SSDs in RAID 0
Super Flower Leadex Titanium 1600W PSU
Metric ton of Noctua NF-F12 Industrial 2000rpm 120mm IP67 fans

The case is a modified Parvy L1.0 - Front panel and mid-plate pass-throughs will be incorporated to make hardlines as sleek as possible and the reservoir is placed in the front panels, along the iconic accent placements on Parvum cases. With the majority of the design finished, here is the current render.

ebfrwb1h.jpg

If you're familiar with Parvum cases, you'll instantly notice the thickness of the front layers and the choice to swap out the top radiator mounting for a window. More images will come, showing off the interesting side of that plate ;) JR23 is an incredibly talented designer and I have him to thank for implementing the changes and this doesn't actually do him justice when it comes to what he's really capable of (Check out Furia). Cheers Joe fam :cool:

Lets get these first pics on the road!

Qvj5oyah.jpg

o7F2glJh.jpg

xkCz8Y5h.jpg

ar7Y5mQh.jpg

Off with their heads! (Sorry Twin Frozr :o ) Let's block these S.O.Bs up.
IWK22O1h.jpg

qPQCriyh.jpg

Sorry (not sorry).
Erku9geh.jpg

Godlike with big red pupper.
PZRvYq0h.jpg

Oh?
P83esp1h.jpg

Yep. The EK X99 XPOWER mosfet block fits the Godlike Carbon! Now, officially, not everything screws in (the two motherboard holes to be precise) but the three screws for the top and backplate along the bar piece provide plenty enough grip and contacts everything nicely, clamping down on the thermal pad nice and tight (ayyy).
n0SlV2hh.jpg

Tasty M.2 slot - With the build being inverted, this will be at the top so should show off that Predator nicely :cool:
XYPksc7h.jpg

Dat rear doh
7qadVkdh.jpg

The full 6.25mm jack is actually my favourite feature of the I/O :D Although a novelty with lots of decent audio on my desk, it's nice to see a focused approach to more audio options and the presence of a decent onboard dedicated amp.

Flip and bosh.
jKuYFYqh.jpg

So that's my first post! Plenty more coming and let me know what you think about hardware choice, bit's you like the look of (and the bits you don't!). You'll notice I have stripped the board of the carbon print and heavy lettering. I feel this creates a much sleeker look for the board and fits with the idea of a tidy and CLEAN build perfectly. See you soon :)

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
Ice God you say...
Screen-Shot-2016-05-05-at-9.05.12-AM.png

More like project Elsa...

Associate
OP
A quick post on the keyboard choice for this build, while I sort out other (more expensive) things toward the end of this month.

I've wanted a 60% keyboard for a while and I love the minimalist style they offer, while also saving a ton of backpack space when going LAN or travelling.

I've chosen to go for the Vortex POK3R RGB with brown switches.

KB002VT_157242_800x800.jpg

My main requirement was for a metal chassis, which the Vortex POK3R offers. secondary was to have brown switches. Brown switches are my favourites to use, out of all I have tried, and is entirely down to personal comfort and ease of typing AND gaming.

I have paired this with the Tai Hao PBT Double Shot Keycaps in black/grey.

XC5UnRdh.jpg

7LQUdDlh.jpg

I have popped the Glorious PC Gaming Race GWR-75 wrist rest. Perfect!

ZQwWLIKh.jpg

I'm really happy with how the lighting turned out with these keycaps. They have doubleshot opaque lettering so of course light doesn't bleed through the keys but rather leaves a lovely underlighting that isn't overwhelming. I'll admit, this is the first time using PBT caps, but I can be sure that my previous keyboard was the last time that I use ABS caps!

Last edited:
Associate
OP
It took me a little while to figure out how to adjust per-key lighting but I managed to suss it with some fiddling ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Actually pretty darn intuitive once you realise you press PN + 9 or 0 and not 4 as per the manual :D

Soldato
Do you wanna build a snowmaaaaan?

In office banter build would have been a better title ;). +1 for Elsa custom graphics on the GPU

Associate
OP
Hi guys! Hope you're all having a decent week :)

PSU update this time. So the Super Flower Leadex Titanium 1600W arrived a couple of days ago. He's a right heavy pupper and pretty much just by the weight of the thing, I can tell it's gonna do a solid job :D

ZOTQXLPh.jpg
BlBjMpTh.jpg
gUoQU9Hh.jpg
iTyzL7Qh.jpg
JbH38afh.jpg
BKa70JEh.jpg
OmihvXUh.jpg
CZrf4xih.jpg
C5E8XnIh.jpg

Next update will more that likely be memory, ssds and cabling!

Associate
Hi guys! Hope you're all having a decent week :)

PSU update this time. So the Super Flower Leadex Titanium 1600W arrived a couple of days ago. He's a right heavy pupper and pretty much just by the weight of the thing, I can tell it's gonna do a solid job :D

ZOTQXLPh.jpg
BlBjMpTh.jpg
gUoQU9Hh.jpg
iTyzL7Qh.jpg
JbH38afh.jpg
BKa70JEh.jpg
OmihvXUh.jpg
CZrf4xih.jpg
C5E8XnIh.jpg

Next update will more that likely be memory, ssds and cabling!

Quality :)

Back
Top Bottom