Project JDM | ITX scratch build!

Associate
Project JDM

So its finally time to start on a new build log this time of a project i call "JDM". The core inspiration of the project was Japanese styled drift cars hens the radiator with outwards mounted ports to illustrate a oil cooler. And the other big small thing that is that i wanted it to be in mini-ITX format. So after a few weeks of thinking i decided to go with a tube frame to keep it true to the theme. Here are some of the renders i made after some designing in Fusion 360. Also big thanks to Bequiet and Teamgroupe for helping out with the hardware.

0cl078s.png

tyFvHqn.png

zLTGp5V.png

LLTg80V.jpg

JVgghYc.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Yes. Me likey.

It's a shame Alphacool is a sponsor (I mean, it's not, their products are awesome) but I can just imagine what a radiator from Aquacomputer would look like mounted there:

** Do not Hotlink and from a competitor, please re-read the rules **

I mean come on; if you're going for a carlike feel they're just on another level. Though perhaps a bit thick for your purposes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
OP
Yes. Me likey.

It's a shame Alphacool is a sponsor (I mean, it's not, their products are awesome) but I can just imagine what a radiator from Aquacomputer would look like mounted there:

** Do not Hotlink and from a competitor, please re-read the rules **

I mean come on; if you're going for a carlike feel they're just on another level. Though perhaps a bit thick for your purposes.

Yeah i actually thought about using one of those but decided not to because of the thickness. I could just mod pretty much any radiator to look similler anyways :)

Associate
Massive drift fan so your project is on point for me. If the project comes out close to the renders your onto a winner, little things like the graphics mirror how they look on the car/windows. Seen as drift cars also use NOS have you thought of a possible reservoir looking like a NOS bottle at all?

Associate
OP
Massive drift fan so your project is on point for me. If the project comes out close to the renders your onto a winner, little things like the graphics mirror how they look on the car/windows. Seen as drift cars also use NOS have you thought of a possible reservoir looking like a NOS bottle at all?

Yes i have played with the ide' but i think i will have to skip it because there really isn't a good spot and space would probable become a problem :/

Associate
OP
First update to start things off.

One of the first obstacles i encountered was the corner pieces. I had a few options but after some thinking i decided to make some custom 3D-printed parts for the job.
These are the 2 versions I made but I ended up going for the simpler design.

8FVe3hd.png

PyorKn9.png

First print turned out great!

QYRNYip.jpg

qYYLesk.jpg

5QFpyA2.jpg

Removing the support material.

ovbArht.jpg

Associate
OP
More metal work.

Making the support for the front radiator.

PjaW82q.jpg

G4Ygypd.jpg

I made a bracket from wood to make the welding a bit easier.

DMkaOQT.jpg

AbMep4s.jpg

Ready to start welding.

2rQckDB.jpg

This is what it looked like with no clean up and still 2 pieces left to go.

ugydHPh.jpg

z6wRlXt.jpg

0jhOhFM.jpg

f2QCDtn.jpg

Now lets clean it up a bit.

OimwxLk.jpg

DyhyMZB.jpg

Associate
OP
More work on the front.

l5uKn5r.jpg

6gj4GfX.jpg

gGjNSNV.jpg

P6NCisq.jpg

rAYmPZh.jpg

DUqVGVt.jpg

QStIeoy.jpg

I applied a light coat of primer to make it easier to see imperfections.

0vtqC97.jpg

Still need to glue the bottom piece together.

wW4BiC7.jpg

GOVtFky.jpg

Associate
OP
More 3D printing and plastic parts

I made a small bracket for the start button which in this case will be a real key.

pf3DB2l.jpg

Di606NY.jpg

ZlnwXmd.jpg

Next upp is the part that connects the plexi tubes to the frame. You might ask why i didn't just go with metal tubes and the reason for that is LED's
biggrin.png
but more on that later.

dtuzt8k.jpg

8WAHrUA.jpg

7AfGM8z.jpg

I still had to make some kind of motherboard mount so thats what i did.

taf1PYo.jpg

And with motherboard in place.

YMTdAFJ.jpg

icQpvad.jpg

Lv0n9V0.jpg

There is also some other stuff i am working on like gpu braket, a good way to mount the rear fans and a psu mount. But yeah its mostly small stuff left on the fram.

Associate
OP
Its getting there!

So for time for an update, currently just have some sleeving and finale Assembly left so should be coming together soonish.

I wanted some lighting effects but still didn't want any thing to flashy so i decided to integrating the leds there into the plexi tubes under neat the motherboard which i think turned out really nicely.
lYFVQ5N.jpg

iIzWuSE.jpg

cuaYxnE.jpg

I also made made the supports for rear 80mm fan, psu and some case feet.

0vOJI8P.jpg

vEKZ9sN.jpg

deqQDRn.jpg

Zw6oQWV.jpg

DutP7Dk.jpg

RXGFJhS.jpg

8JLz1TD.jpg

iUd7zTD.jpg

Some test fitting before painting.

RHY8hDH.jpg

Ready for some paint.

nyvMfBM.jpg

Some days later i masked of the painted parts and made the rest glossy white.

UO5UoDh.jpg

And ofc some pictures after it was all painted
biggrin.png

nK2zNdg.jpg

nCQLczZ.jpg

V3OUhuN.jpg

lUIzc4Q.jpg

i7Bsp9M.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom