Project: Joker H500M Build/Mod

Associate
Hey folks so been wanting to do a Heath Ledger Joker themed build/mod for quite some time but never came around to doing it well now is the time im super Excited to announce Project Joker a Coolermaster H500M build/Mod inspired by the late great Heath Ledger this is just the start of what's to come so stay tuned :)

Lets start with the case as my current build is based of the Coolermaster HAF 932 see link in signature for my previous build it only seemed fitting to go for the Newer version of the High Air Flow series in the H500M which i managed to pick up for a great price :)

NdGc6Zk.jpg

meXk3w7.jpg

CIX6Cg5.jpg

XAhDPx9.jpg

HRt7x50.jpg

Next Up we have some of the parts going into this Build including the purple braided extensions and Combs which will be painted Neon Green, the AIO i shall be using and the extra ARGB fans i shall be adding to the case and AIO.

eALiy0O.jpg

xzKUTxW.jpg

O3pjz9a.jpg

Next up we have me working on the case (courtesy of my sister taking the pictures haha), I installed one of the fans on the rear mount to see how it would look, I also cable managed the front 200m ARGB fan and ARGB cables to the controller and removed the HDD cage as it wont be needed and last but not least I removed all the mesh to be ready for paint which will happen sometime next week when it arrives :)

7vP9rIa.jpg

cO9S0T0.jpg

R1bPiV5.jpg

tQqETch.jpg

3jqPU4T.jpg

bxoqeap.jpg

This was a nice touch i found there a hook to route your rear fan cable over the I/O Shield.

JGZ74M5.jpg

cQr1PI7.jpg

Well that abouts wraps it up for part one just a short one this time but lots more to come so stay tuned :)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Ok Folks time for another update ive been ill this past week but go back into the swing of things these last few days so thought id update with a few pictures of what's been happening :)

First Up my Joker Stickers arrived these will be placed on the PSU shroud and on the Motherboard Heatsinks :)

CQihv9Bl.jpg

Then we have my Vintage joker playing cards i have arranged into 2 rows of 4 each row

urwrKeQl.jpg

Next we have most of the mesh panels that ive painted Matt White there not as white as the pictures make them out to be its not my Camera so assuming the white balance is off haha

QH1cKN2l.jpg 39FVp7al.jpg EyalPy2l.jpg

Then we have my Cable combs on my purple cable extensions which i have painted Green to match the theme of the build

cFkrzxol.jpg ezqVU5Tl.jpg

Last up for this small update the front and top panel mesh of the H500M come with small dust filters but these are none removable so i found some old Curtain which is white so perfect colour and purchased some magnetic tap so i will be making removable dust filters
qKxexael.jpg

That's all for now you might have noticed the large main front mesh is missing that's because im taking extra time to finish it which includes a painted heath ledger joker face on the front :)

Soldato
I'm only in because I disparaged a purple/green combo in my build and it was pointed out to me that The Joker was a classic example. Next thing theres suddenly a Joker build on the board... so I've come to see what might have been. Obviously I blame @LePhuronn for it...as ever ;)
Purple and orange works really well together...

(Sorry for off-topic chat Lloyd!)

Associate
OP
Hey Folks sorry for the delay been a bit busy but better late than never right. ;)

Lets start with the Why so serious sticker which ive placed on the bottom shroud im very happy with how this turned out looks wicked. :)

ADZHnp2.jpg

Next up ive installed 2 30cm ARGB strips next to each other to light it up.

kswumhb.jpg

ezr83dU.jpg

then i fitted the 360mm AIO and push pull fans, I Ran into a bit of a problem with the mounting holes not lining up properly so had to make do with less screws.

jJQ4q2z.jpg
DL83PWY.jpg
TNg2zmF.jpg

I later came to find that it was impossible to mount a full set of fans underneath the radiator without it interfering with my motherboards heatsink :( So i got out the Saw and some sandpaper and problem solved :)

2YY9YNS.jpg

After that i installed the vintage joker cards into the case where some of the ssd mounts would be located NVME ssd's ftw

vx8zKm1.jpg

Then i decided to cut up that old white curtain and use the magnetic tap i bought to make some custom White removable fan filters

9WXYD48.jpg

Then as i plan on upgrading to a RTX 4080 whenever it is released and there rumoured to be very power hungry i managed to pick up a EVGA 1000w GOLD PSU for over 40 pounds off in a sale for 99 pounds :)

5oJ49nG.jpg

This part of the build took the most amount of time and although it didn't come out perfect im still happy enough with it

w0rBQX5.jpg

I Didn't manage to get any pictures of me building the pc but ive got some finished pictures of it in the dark in all its glory.

FwUEUw1.jpg
JG2Czn0.jpg
q121vfk.jpg
FDa8mF9.jpg

The one thing im not happy about is the MSI ARGB implementation it doesn't let you assign the amount of LEDs and do custom effects so i just have it cycling between White, Green and Purple atm so might change boards in the future :(

Hope you's enjoyed il be uploading a few more pictures once i get my new graphics card and monitor but that all for now :)

Soldato
I can recommend the Aqua Computer Farbwerk 360 for ARGB. I'd give you a link but it seems OCUK no longer have it. If you only need one or two channels, the Quadro[/ulr] or url=https://www.overclockers.co.uk/aqua-computer-octo-fan-controller-for-pwm-8-fans-wc-33h-aq.html]Octo (which are also PWM-only fan controllers) will do it. You can chain strips together provided they have an output as well as an input connector - most fans do not. Those without an output for chaining can be split instead but there is an important difference. If you have two chained strips with 10 LEDs each, you can address LEDs 1-20 separately; so you could make each one a different colour or react to a temperature or dance to music or have 1-5 green, 6-10 white, 11-15 purple, 16-20 scrolling rainbow (as an example). If you instead split the connection, you'd have two clones of LEDs 1-10 so the strips (or fans) would have to be identical...although you could address the LEDs within the strip/fan, you couldn't have one fan yellow and another blue without them being on different channels. You can have a strip as the start of a channel and then chained to a fan as the end of the channel. That way, with two channels, you could have strip-fan, strip-fan and control every LED individually. Or you can have strip-splitter-fans so you can control the strip individually and you can control what the fan displays but all the fans would be identical copies.
Also worth noting that the AquaComputer stuff uses Molex picoblade connectors - which are actually a lot better - rather than the more standard loose-pin thing. It's possible to buy convertors or you can make them up yourself if you have the tools and the sanity. I've made some on the project I'm (glacially) working on currently if that helps at all.
If they're Corsair fans, there's also a Splitty RGBpx that will connect four of them to one RGBpx channel.

Associate
OP
@Cenedd Hi there thanks for the info yea i would like to have each LED on the strips and fans a different colour like Purple, green and White if you could try setting that colour combo on your setup and send me a picture so i can get an idea of how it looks that would be greatly appreciated.

Soldato
How's this?

Set for every two LEDs to be specified colour:

Joker-Farbwerk1.jpg

Result. Mashed up picture of looking direct at LEDs and looking from top down so they're dispersed by reflecting off the case.

Joker-Farbwerk2.jpg

There are a max of 20 controllers I believe so setting every single LED individually may not be possible. I didn't hit the limit and I was "multi-assign"ing the controller to LEDs so it may be possible but I figured it was already getting painful so I tried a colour gradient to see if the same (or similar) could be achieved with fewer controllers in a more manageable way:

Joker-Farbwerk3.jpg

And the result - picture mashed up as before

Joker-Farbwerk4.jpg

Hope that's of some help.

Associate
OP
Yea that helps a lot even every couple of LED's a different colour would be sick so its max 20 controllers per channel but the controller has 4 inputs so could have a total of 80 led's technically for each LED different so it prob wouldn't be possible but every 2 LEDs a different colour will still look a lot better i feel?>

Soldato
Yea that helps a lot even every couple of LED's a different colour would be sick so its max 20 controllers per channel but the controller has 4 inputs so could have a total of 80 led's technically for each LED different so it prob wouldn't be possible but every 2 LEDs a different colour will still look a lot better i feel?>
Don't forget that you can also use the splitting to your advantage if you need/want strips that are identical. That way you could have say two strips of 15 LEDs alternating every single LED and it only count as 15 controllers. However, I've just found some rather helpful docs that clarify it a tad:

Aqua Computer said:
Each of the four RGBpx channels of the farbwerk 360 can control 90 addressable LEDs independently. Color and brightness can be individually controlled for each LED. In total, up to 20 groups of LEDs of varying size can be configured, and visual effects can be assigned to each group. The 23 available effects can be extensively adjusted for further customization. Many effects can also be configured to modify effect parameters (for example speed) depending on current sensor data. The available effects also include sound-to-light effects, visualizing computer sound output. The AMBIENTpx effect deserves special notice, replicating the border area of the current monitor display on connected LEDs, allowing for an impressive background lighting surrounding the monitor.
Each of the 20 configured effect controller can be assigned to multiple areas of the connected LEDs up to a total of 60 assignments combined - perfectly suited to illuminate multiple fans identically for example.

So since you'd have a controller for each of Purple, White and Green and just assign those multiple times, you'd be able to get a max of 60 LEDs out of the whole unit if you alternate every single one or double that if you alternate every two. Many more if the colour gradient effect works for you. And if the strips can be identical, you can use half the number of assignments to do it.

Associate
OP
I Wonder if i would need to buy argb splitter cables or if i could connect the current splitter boxes to each input which i have 3 atm one for the front 2 fans and 2 strips then one for the 4 antec fans then 1 for the top 3 rad fans.

Soldato
You'd get a couple of 32cm RGBpx strips and two 50cm cables with the unit. If you want to convert to standard 3-pin ARGB cables, you'd need Aqua Computer part 53282 or 53285 depending which gender you need. Entirely possible to stick picoblade connectors on your own cables too. The pins and shells aren't that expensive (available on online auction sites) but the crimp tool you'd need (Engineer PA-09) will set you back £40-odd and you'll need magnification....and patience!

Back
Top Bottom