[Project Black hole] - CaseLabs TH10A

Soldato
Simply amazing mate.

LOVE the color scheme.

I hate these threads they make me so sad at how poor I am thanks to recently having my first child.

A simple 750D case, a H105 cooler and a 2TB caviar black are the only things i want at the moment but just dont have the cash for them :(

Soldato
OP
Thanks everyone :)

Been trying to find the exact pump and res combo you used? I think the res you're using is this one?
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=WC-192-AQ&groupid=962&catid=2133

Managed to find the pump but the bracket which is connecting it to the res is square whereas the one's which I could find a round :confused:

Yes that is the res, then this "base' or pump top http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info.php?products_id=2925 with the optional mounts http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info.php?products_id=2811
Then you can use any D5 pump but I have the USB Aquabus ones for full monitoring and control http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info.php?language=en&products_id=2901

Square base of res mounts on the square top of the pump base with o-rings between them (very strong seal and hard to press in) then the pumps are mounted in the round hole underneath.

OcUK don't list everything that AquaComputer sell so best to email part numbers to RJK or sales if you want specific items.

Soldato
Thanks JP. I'm currently using the XSPC D5 bayres pump combo and despite using under volted gentle typhoons my rig is still very loud :(

Did you use custom rubber grommets instead of the plastic ones which you mentioned in one of your posts?

Soldato
OP
Quick picture of it under my desk with the Aquaero displaying the name and case side on :)

WNzMR2A.jpg

And I attached carpet sliders to the case feet so there is a good gap for the lower fans and also so I can slide it out easily to open the sides.

Soldato
OP
It only has three exhaust fans including the PSU which only comes on under load.
All sixteen radiator fans are filtered intake, then motherboard tray and hdd cage fans exhaust.

I don't mind the look of it and Noctua airflow fans are very good.
We will see how well it works in ~6 months time when it will either be full of dust or just need the filters cleaned.

Soldato
OP
Can't believe this has been running for a year now :eek:

Fluid colours all look great, still matching the braiding so my OCD rad cleaning must have worked!
Topped up both reservoirs once after everything settled and all the air purged, other than that I haven't touched anything!

Dust filters have been cleaned once, did a pretty good job of keeping the inside of the case clean, very fine dust got through but it blew out easily, still a small amount on the nickel plated bits but no thick carpets of muck anywhere except on the outside of the filters.
Never saw any real change in temperature but with such a large amount of radiators I wasn't really expecting to even with very low fan speeds it only really changes with ambient.

Caselabs is still my favourite, so easy to work with!

Just need to try and last another year now without being tempted to change the graphics cards! Hopefully the full fat pascals won't be out for a good long while :rolleyes: :D

Soldato
OP
7 Years or so later and I'm actually going to upgrade, been putting it off due to all sorts of things, wasn't impressed with the RTX 2000 series, couldn't get an RTX 3080 on launch so gave up but finally got an RTX 4090 FE on launch day which has now inspired me to upgrade and rebuild the Project Nebula.
Going to keep posting here as it's been really useful for me to look back through the thread and see exactly what I did.

It will now become Project Black hole as I am changing to ZMT and black PSU cables, some might say boring, but I have had enough of the bright circus colours.
Talking of colours the Mayhems Pastel is still working fine without any maintenance which is probably a testament to my OCD initial flushing with the Blitz kits and the quality of the Mayhems fluid.

You can see some UV discoloration on the tube but the fluid colours are still great.
dnTWEKO.jpg
Had to plug the 4090 into try it out while waiting for parts to arrive :)

When I strip everything down I imagine there will be some build up and gunk in places but as far as temps and flow rates go there has been no noticeable changes.

Going forward the system spec will be:

Hardware
AMD Ryzen 7700X
Asus X670E Extreme
G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 6000mhz CL30 EXPO (F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5N)
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition
Corsair AX1500i
Samsung 990 PRO NVMe M.2 SSD 2TB
Samsung 850 PRO SSD 1TB

Cooling
Single loop for CPU and GPU
Aqua Computer Aquaero 6 XT
16x Noiseblocker eLoop B12-3 fans
2x Noiseblocker eLoop B12-PS Black fans
2x Aqua Computer D5 Aquabus Pumps with Aqualis pump top Adapters
2x Aqua Computer Aqualis 450ml Reservoirs - Glass with Nano coating
1x Aqua Computer Flow Meter