Project Parvum s2.0 : DrakanX1

Associate
ok this is my first build so go easy on me, first off i want to say a little bit about me, ive been ill the last few years and wont bore you with the details but ive been saving up the last few years i wanted a case i could put together rather than the normal buy off the shelf, i came across this website and was looking at the project builds , which there are some nice systems about, then i saw the parvum case and knew thats what i wanted and waited for the s2.0 to come out. I went down to parvum system to get my case as they are only a few minutes down the road, the guys showed me around and how there machine works cutting the cases, i must say what nice blokes and are happy to help and give advice, i wish them all the best with there cases and i know they will go from strength to strength, they have some good things coming up in the future and when they bring out a ATX case i will be buying that for sure.
i have most of my parts but this is going to take me a month or so to put together as i still need to get a few more bits , ive bought some mdpc sleeving , so im going to be doing that for the first time i will put some pics up once ive done them. :)
although the case will house a corsair h100i for the time being i hope to do a full water loop once ive saved up some more pennies.

my components

YOUR BASKET
1 x EVGA GeForce GTX 780Ti Superclock 3072MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card (03G-P4-2883-KR) £563.99
1 x Intel Core i7-4770K 3.50GHz (Haswell) Socket LGA1150 Processor - Retail £259.99
1 x iiyama Prolite XUB2790 27" Widescreen Slim Bezel LED Multimedia Monitor - Black £221.99
1 x Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 240GB 2.5" SATA 6Gb/s Solid State Drive (SH103S3/240G) £119.99
1 x Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro 64-Bit DVD - OEM (FQC-06949) £109.99
1 x EVGA SuperNova G2 850W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply £109.99
1 x MSI Z87M Gaming Series Intel Z87 (Socket 1150) DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard £101.99
1 x Corsair Vengeance K70 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard - Black – Red Switch (CH-9000011-UK) £94.99
1 x Avexir Blitz 1.1 Original 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-17000C9 2133MHz Dual Channel Memory Kit (AVD3U21330904G-2BZ1) £89.99
1 x Corsair Hydro H100i High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler (CW-9060009-WW) £88.00
1 x Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache - OEM (WD1003FZEX) HDD £79.99
1 x TP-Link AV500 Mini Powerline Adapter Starter Kit (TL-PA411KIT) £29.99
1 x OcUK Mega-Mega Mat 3XL Elite Tactical Gaming Surface £24.95
1 x Samsung SE-S208DB/TSBS External Slimline 8x DVD-RW (TV Connect) - Black £21.98
2 x OcUK Professional Cat6 RJ45 2m Network Cable - Grey (B6-502) £2.59 (£5.18)
Total : £1,939.50 (includes shipping : £13.75).

ive yet to get motherboard and my graphic card as im still unsure to go for the gtx780 or gtx780ti as i will only be using a 1080p monitor at 60hz and maybe try to overclock it to 70hz if i can.

as per forum rules dont quote with my images in message.

pic1
t9ir6p.jpg

pic2
2nu4wfm.jpg

pic3
snihzs.jpg

pic4
211usqv.jpg

pic5
2romh6e.jpg

pic6
2m3gqro.jpg

pic7
b7cgec.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
wow another parvum ;D
Following, looks like you've got your work cut out with the MDPC braid! Good luck and can't wait to see more.
Fan controller session soon!

Great to meet you!

Associate
OP
looks like it's gonna be a good one!!!!

i hope so cant wait to see it finished. :D

wow another parvum ;D
Following, looks like you've got your work cut out with the MDPC braid! Good luck and can't wait to see more.
Fan controller session soon!

Great to meet you!

braiding almost done ya, pics soon, am tinting the window like we said with car tint so hope it turns out ok, if not will be down to get some cut, plus may need a new window as i said in my email but will see what its like with the tint, just an excuse to come down and see Magnus running :D

Associate
OP
update

ok ive just tinted my window on the case with car tint, this was my first time ever using this stuff, although it does give a good look and its the colour tint i want, i think a tinted acrylic would be better.
ive used a 35% smoked tint.

its quite easy to do, just cut to roughly the size of window , and using 100ml of water to 15ml of baby soap spray and clean window, spray again on the window and peel backing off the tint, lay window to one side ,spray the tint and get the adhesive nice and covered, put window on tint.
293fytv.jpg

turn the window upside down with tint facing you , then with something flat start from the middle and move air bubbles out from tint, turn window over and cut round window to remove the tint which is not needed, turn over and make sure you have all bubbles out and leave to dry, thats it.
oa9068.jpg

313llox.jpg

after with tint added
scdd6v.jpg

will be putting pics of my braiding up later, of which is my first time doing, although probably would have been cheaper to pay someone to do it, and you realise how much time and effort goes into making cables, i see why they charge the price they do, i bought pre-made cables before but they seem very stiff and the sleeving is nothing when you compare it to MDPC, it was well worth the effort to do it yourself or you can pay someone to have this sleeving, also techflex is good aswell. :)

some parts arrived, at last, enermax 80mm tb silience have been hard to find.
24xdpjb.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
update

ok after a couple of days ive finally finished my MDPC braiding, ive never done anything like this before so i think it went ok for the first time, all i can say is take your time, i did have one or two wire i was not happy with so i re-done them, also get a decent pair of atx pin removers as i bought some from a company not sure if i can mention them but he does cable braiding pins and plugs, and i received a pair broken and after a few emails asking to send a new pair ive heard nothing back, so wont be using him again, but anyway ive had fun doing them , i got bit arty farty with pics so sorry about that :D

24n1unk.jpg

3346xvp.jpg

k0mxxc.jpg

2iswdq8.jpg

i will update log when i get some more parts arrive, plus when i sleeve my vandal switch. :)

Associate
OP
Looking good, Love the parvum.
cheers mate appreciate the nice comments, :)

joelk2 said:
where did you find the 80mm enermax fans. i couldnt find any in the uk for sale when i was looks for some for mine.

edit i was actually looking for 80mm cluster's

it took me awhile but just a search on the web you will find them , the 80mm pwm came from germany on a well known site only took 3 days, :)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Awesome cant wait to see more :D, Are you happy with the tint? Hard to tell until you light up the inside I suppose!

yes true, i think id rather have a coloured acrylic if im honested, the tint is ok and only took a couple of mins to do but i think once light is on inside it will show what its like, im looking into a full water loop at the moment but havent a clue what i need and how much, i know i need two rads and im looking at a 12V Laing DDC-1T Pro 10W w/XSPC Acrylic Tank Reservoir but not sure on the fittings, il go for compression ones as i dont want barbs but il go for it depending on price, if not then its a AIO :( after doing the braiding im getting right into it now :D

Back
Top Bottom