Project Phanteks ROG Elite Edition

Associate
Hi guys I'm proud to announce this build with the new flagship case from Phanteks Elite.

And will post here hopefully once a week or when we have some progress worth writing about ,a YouTube channel will be up shortly and I'll post the addy for anyone interested.

The theme of this build "as you probably guessed" is based on ROG brand from ASUS
And the colours in that theme so lets go ahead with the parts we are using.

The main goal of this project is the show the amazing potential the Elite has for enthusiasts and extreme Overclockers.
I'm really on a mission to shut the caselabs fanboys mouth in all honesty and try and get people to notice what a great design and smart case this is .
So bacisly we are 3 ppl doing the project and we are all old Phanteks fans so our goal is the same prove the Elite is the nr1 case outofthebox ready watercooling case on the market.

summary of intended components that will be used in the build

Asus Rampage V Extreme edition 10

Intel i7 6850k speedbinned @ 4.6ghz and delidded "silicone lottery"

Corsair Dominator 128gb16x8 3466 CL16 sticks

Samsung M2 960evo 1TB system drive
Samsung M2 960evo 1TB games drive

2 Graphicscards eVGA 1080ti cards when they are launched

Watercooling components

EK-FB ASUS R5-E10 Monoblock RGB Edition CPU mosfet northbridge cooling "might change depending on possible sponsors"
2 Glacier GTX 1080 Ti GPU Full Water Block with RGB Lighting - Satin Black
2 EK-XTOP D5 pwn pumps
Singularity computers Radium reservoirs with clear acrylic top and black with silver rings D5 pumpcover 2 400ml reservoirs
Ethereal reservoir mounts red color
MONSOON Free center hardline hardtube 16/12mm custom design matte black with ROG logos in silver
3 HWLabs black ice nemesis GTR 480 radiators push-pull setup and 1 360 black ice nemesis GTR
32 Corsair ML120 pro red led fan and 4 ML140 pro fans all in all and aquaaero 6xt fancontoll combined with Swiftech 8W PWM 8 Way PWM Splitter-Sata.
PSU Evga supernova T2 1600W with custom cables sleeving by Ice Modz ubersleeving done by our Icelandic follow Vikings
smile.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Phanteks blocks are nice ! Get yourself some fine sand paper to polish contact area, seem its 50/50 on finish quality , also worth slapping on uprated thermal pads, couldn't find what stock ones are rated at .

Soldato
That depends im using 16gb sticks cl16 3466mhz I'm going to downclock to 3000mhz for command rate 1 an hopefully cas12 or 13 so we will see thing is i need 128 gb for ramdisk for games.

recommend Samsung Evo/Pro 1TB for gaming! store on a separate drive :)

Use 3D Mark on the Pro and man, cuts down loading times! specially when you've got to do a lot of testing :D

and im sure there was a software product on steam that was green lit and went into full retail mode that allowed you to Use ram disk, but you could select what parts of Games you wanted to mount, such as WOW maps, instead of Mounting the whole game to it! much more sense really to do this and get yourself a bigger M.2 drive :D

Associate
OP
Im using 2 /960 evo 1 TB in raid 0 in this build but I'm going to play battlefield and it's about 65 70 GB big and until Intel releases optane chipsets nothing can touch ramspeeds like for example ramdisk utilities.
But I'm using ASUS RAM disk utility awesome program

Last edited:
Soldato
Im using 2 /960 evo 1 TB in raid 0 in this build but I'm going to play battlefield and it's about 65 70 GB big and until Intel releases optane chipsets nothing can touch ramspeeds like for example ramdisk utilities.
But I'm using ASUS RAM disk utility awesome program

I also have 2x 960 Pro's which I tested in RAID 0, have you benched yours? I saw very little gain, so now run them as separate drives.

Associate
OP
Ok lades sorry för piccis missing ok hope they will suffice for now .
eDVq2q.jpg

A few bits and pieces laying around It's arrived gear almost everyday last week and this more hardware piccis to come .
Here is a roughly plan of radiator placement .
hhkaxI.jpg

And some pics of the case stripped down .
VgzsgX.jpg

LnbzqQ.jpg

There we go lads a little snack for you more to come been working like a dog lately so going to add more info about the project soon.

Associate
OP
Have a lot of things to get done this weekend need to mount motherboard and PSU in so we can get the correct cable lengths for for our Icelandic friends so they can start work on sleevings .
And counting etc how many custom Moonson fittings we need since they custom aswell .
And picking radiator sizes.

Associate
OP
Watercooling parts arriving this week "hopefully"

EK RV5 E10 RGB Edition ofc since its matching colors for the build
EK Monarch X4 clear acrylic same as monoblock 2pcs
Aquacomputer kryos M.2 PCIe 3.0 x4 SSD adapter card with waterblock 2pcs
Aquacomputer kryos for Aquaero 6XT waterblock 2pcs

Associate
There's actually some similar ideas with my own build that going on, but one idea I toyed with before ruling out for the moment is the use of the 5.25 bay for a DAC and a fan controller (the Aquaero was an option), as long relatively thick rad placement in the top (and probably the front as well - though its not something I looked at as I'm going top and bottom) prevents mounting of the bay unit......at least without some major modification.
Could get away with a short rad placed towards the rear top, but it's certainly something to keep in mind. Was looking into a way to extend the holes for the bay down a few inches, but it's on the backburner for the time being.

hhkaxI.jpg

Associate
OP
Well its going to be a Challenge to complete this build and the cooling capacity is way passed what's needed think I calculated around 2400w in heat dissipation
But its just what one of the things it's meant to do this build its a case that can do extremely well straight out of the box.

Soldato
How many fans?! ...And in what configuration? I can't get the description, photo and layout plans to reconcile.

Pretty full-on build.

Associate
OP
How many fans?! ...And in what configuration? I can't get the description, photo and layout plans to reconcile.

Pretty full-on build.
Edited the old radiator placements file hope its clearer now
6PfiUK.jpg

Front was supposed to be a 480 but i want to keep lower chamber isolated and the mid plate is going to be custom made little suprise that i cant reveal at this moment .

So in total this makes it 30 Corsair red led ML120PRO fans and couple of 140mm 4 I believe might have to revise the mid radiator and pick a less airflow restricted model and skip push/pull doing a modded solution that we think will work .

Soldato
Well its going to be a Challenge to complete this build and the cooling capacity is way passed what's needed think I calculated around 2400w in heat dissipation
But its just what one of the things it's meant to do this build its a case that can do extremely well straight out of the box.

Damm, mine has like 15w before it passes the 32c mark and water would gain more heat then dispersing it . haha. Not jealous at all >.<

Back
Top Bottom