Project QR code linked feedback form

Associate
I work in the NHS as an anaesthetist and part of our job is teaching others various clinical skills. Over time this process has become more formalised to the point that we now have to provide evidence of teaching at our annual review, normally evidence of teaching is in the form of written feedback. However, because a lot of it is bedside and impromptu we aren't carrying around feedback forms. I was thinking it would be nice to have a QR code linked feedback form for a specific clinical teacher. I started down the google forms path, however, I'm not an expert so I just wanted to ask the experts here, what's the best way to do this?

Outline of the project:
each clinician has a QR code (printed out and stuck to their badge) which links to their feedback form
ideally the feedback is anonymous therefore:
- the feedback form's data should be extracted automatically to a spreadsheet
-the department's secretaries have access to the spreadsheet and when the clinician needs to provide evidence for their review they can collect the anonymised data (alternatively it would be good to automate this step but unsure how)

Question:

What's the best way to achieve this, ideally for free, anonymous, automated, reliable, long-lasting and modifiable (in terms of user's being able to edit the questions on their feedback forms)?

edit: I have a website on wordpress so potentially I could integrate such a system into this website to move away from the google forms system but the advantage of google forms is that I can extract the data from a form to a spreadsheet. Perhaps someone knows of plugins for a website that could do the same?

Last edited:
Soldato
If you wanted to go QR code it would be easy enough.

1) Create the QR on a QR website that links to a Google form.
2) Google forms automatically feed into a spreadsheet for storing the collected data
3) You can share the sheet from each form with the required secretaries. It would just be a case of going in and copying it. Forms also allow the graphical representation of data, so if one of the form's questions was to rate it out of 10 then Google can automatically generate pie charts etc from this.

You don't need anything else, although, are you allowed the phones required to do feedback?

Another option would be to carry a notebook and add each persons name down as you train them and at the end of the day, email the feedback form link to them.

Associate
OP
This was the route I was heading down, just wanted to check it's the best way before I dedicated too much time to it.

How do you mean re: allowed the phones? We all have our personal phones on us all the time. So long as the feedback form doesn't contain patient data then it shouldn't breech patient confidentiality.

Soldato
This was the route I was heading down, just wanted to check it's the best way before I dedicated too much time to it.

How do you mean re: allowed the phones? We all have our personal phones on us all the time. So long as the feedback form doesn't contain patient data then it shouldn't breech patient confidentiality.

I know some places of employment don't allow personal phones but if you're allowed them and have a signal (which I always struggle with in Hospitals) then your plan will still work well.

I would still look at emailing out the link each day too just in case :) Or have the URL printed under the QR code, that way they can snap a quick photo and come back to it later

Back
Top Bottom