Project Retro - 15+ year old PC case (best case ever made!)

Transmission breaker
Don
OP
Man this is so good, though if you're going to have to have (and you will likely due to space constraints) external watercooling components, could you not get a zalman reserator, that would be epically period!

Alternatively, external components allows for a nice water chiller build!

I really need to decide what I'm doing with my ATCS-201SXK, ATCS-210 (same colour as yours) and ATCS-111.

I was actually hunting for the reserators on eBay, and was struggling to find them in decent condition and relatively local.

I always wanted one years ago after my first foray into watercooled PCs, as it was so hard to make it look tidy back then. I sense another build coming on :D

Put a thread up when you get around to it! Those are all proper cases.

Caporegime
Like yourself I do have an old project thread started but no real progress. Kinda the opposite of yours whereby I want to use old hardware but modern watercooling (hardlines, modern fittings, modern blocks). Hopefully this will happen soon, with my dual P3 1GHz machine, but that only takes care of one case (still dunno which!).

Soldato
Amazing! This properly bought back some nostalgia for me. I have 2 ATCS 201 B sitting in storage which I'd love to do something with.

K36fxPF.jpg

YwUaHvB.jpg

Looking forward to your next update!

Associate

I was actually hunting for the reserators on eBay, and was struggling to find them in decent condition and relatively local.

I always wanted one years ago after my first foray into watercooled PCs, as it was so hard to make it look tidy back then. I sense another build coming on :D

what did you study at uni? (you have a book on anatomy and psychology - but no other books so didn't study medicine then)

Soldato
I think the CM Black Widow was one of the best cases ever made :) (Same as the ATCS 201B above but with side panel)

I am still surprised that they have not modernised the aesthetics (But still keep the classic-ish look), updated the internals for better cooling and anodised black interior along with adding a TG side panel for some of their more classic designs. I think they would sell pretty well.

Associate
Am i correct in thinking that the watercooling came from a thermalake kandalf case i had one back in 2009 I think. I remember that rad used to kick out some serious heat not sure what processor i was rocking then maybe a core 2 Q6600 .

Transmission breaker
Don
OP
Am i correct in thinking that the watercooling came from a thermalake kandalf case i had one back in 2009 I think. I remember that rad used to kick out some serious heat not sure what processor i was rocking then maybe a core 2 Q6600 .
It's possible, it was bought secondhand, so I am not entirely sure of it's full history!

Back
Top Bottom