Project Sensible

Permabanned
Hi,

Having been thoroughly fed up with the high prices with Intel or Nvidia over the years, I have decided to go back to AMD. My first ever computer was an AMD K7 (i think it was that model) and loved it. For too long i have silently ranted at how Intel or Nvidia are pricing too high, or purposely whacking the price up due to no competition. I know they are a business but i feel computers as a hobby, should be a community and i think, working with the community, would reap rewards for everybody.

Ryzen came along and for me was a breath of fresh air. I have now sold my current system (6700k, GTX970) and will have bought the following, by tomorrow and plan to do a build this week coming.

Spec:

AMD Ryzen 2700x with RGB Cooler
Asus X470 Prime Pro Motherboard
8 Pack 16GB DDR4 4000hz Ram (will knock speeds down to 3200hz-3600hz)
AMD Powercolor Red Dragon RX580 8GB
1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD
EVGA 850w Fully Modular PSU with Braided Cables
Kolink Observatory RGB Case
HP Omen 32" VA 2560x1440 Freesync Monitor

Will put up plenty of pics and let you all know how it runs. I know the fps i was getting previously with my old 1440p monitor so am interested to see how much better or worse it is.

Despite the results, i am glad ive gone back to AMD and plan to stay with them from now on. I named this Sensible as i feel this is a medium build that will, with freesync, play most games with decent quality and isnt a cheap build but also not one that requires months of saving.

Matt

Last edited:
Associate
currently using the kolink stronghold , identical chassis bar the front grill … have fun , the chassis for the pittance I paid for it is actually one of my favorite . against my 750D , HAF XB and 540 . its cheap , and in some areas you can tell its cheap , but in spite of this and the cost its a gorgeous looking case with a premium feel tempered glass side panel. good job your on air , as even with a low profile mem kit fitting a 240mm rad in ontop of an ATX board was a nightmare. id love to see the cable management in this chassis as a comparison to my own. followed.

Permabanned
OP
Thanks for the reply. I'm coming from a 750D too so will be interesting to see the quality difference. I might even derivet the case yet and spray it. Whilst it's apart mod the case for better cable management if it's an issue .Haven't even opened the box yet as was working crazy hours yesterday.

Matt

Back
Top Bottom