Project: The Elephant in the Room

Associate
OP
Things start to come together

Before I can get the tubing in the case, I need the pumps in. To get the pumps in I need their cables sleeved.

NGtIvvm.jpg

All the cooling will be controlled by an Aquaero, so that's a D5 pump with aquabus interface. I'd already set them up by USB when I had everything on a test bench months ago, so those cables are power and aquabus.

Also sleeved the cables for the Monsoon cold-cathode lights that fit between the reservoir brackets which I bought just because Monsoon made them, and not for any particularly good reason.

Ty9APrR.jpg

Pumps in cases, mounted on the acrylic baseplates which will then be screwed into the bottom of the case on 5mm hex standoffs using M3 bolts. The bottom of the case was surprisingly hard to drill though to make the mounting holes for this.

MGz24b1.jpg

Pumps in place, tubing started. Making the short right-angle bend between the pump and the bottom of the reservoir was a right pain - there's only just enough space for the bend and a sufficient length of straight tube for the fittings to go on. In retrospect maybe I should have used right-angle fittings and straight tube. I managed it, eventually, and have about 10 not-quite-right right angle bends spare.

lcECmDE.jpg

The great advantage of having the Aquaero set up already is that I can use it to start filling the loops without having anything else powered up. Excuse the spaghetti.

Qo71IXg.jpg

Filling the loops was the most exciting thing ever. Fortunately that was just deionised water so I wasn't too worried about her getting her face in it.

obVxUic.jpg

Amazingly I managed this with only one leak from a slightly loose fitting. Not bad for my first attempt at hard tubing.

4iI7HCn.jpg

Back
Top Bottom