PROJECT: V300 Chilled

Soldato
OP
Okay because it was so tight i had a kink in my tubing some coils fixed this

71kinkcoils.JPG

very tight in the drive bays here. with only one tube in, you can see i cut 2 square holes in the side of the drive bay to allow the tubing through.

72pump1.JPG

bit more detail on the holes and tubes

73pump2.JPG

this completed my loop soirry i didnt get it all in, in as much detail as i'd hoped but it was a stressful time and didnt think about my camera much.

74loopdone.JPG

and the problem of my build. the leaking pump... which is now sent back and i should have a new one soon :)

75leakingpump.JPG

thanks for reading, your comments are always welcome and appreciated

StevenG

Soldato
Superb project, very professional looking work, can't wait to see it finished! Just one question, is there looking to be enough room to tuck away the giant looking ATX lead from the PSU? :D

Soldato
OP
Another Update as promised Nearing Completion.

these are just a few snaps of the case & internals. since this ive installed the ram and started to clock the system. i still have to finish the panels by attaching the 3.5" drive covers properly and find some mesh and led's / neons to put on the laser cut panel.

Pics speak for themselves really:

Thinking about this rig now its built a GTX in a W/C mATX case like this is some achievement.

76gtx.JPG

the fine Q6600 cpu under is EK Supreme waterblock

77cpu.JPG

wheres the wires? you say? behind the drive bay covers (hidden away for no one to see as its a big sphagetti junction type thing under there lol)

78wires.JPG

Artsy shot of the gtx and tubing

79gtx.JPG

Panel shot - i'll get some final better pics once its all completed *little photoshoot to come*

80panel.JPG

81panel.JPG

82panel.JPG

Overall ive enjoyed the project apart form the leaking pump but thats all sorted now. All up and running for a first clock i went in at 3.2GHz @ 3.2V (Cpuz) which is prime stable. still running the ram underclocked by a longway, going to tighten timings soon.

ran a quick 3dmark06 and got something like 12700 which is about right for the clocks i have and the gtx at stock.

running games/3dmark 06 doesnt really push temps up that much, during prime the cpu reached 60'c so im a little weary about clocking it much more as i think this is a good temp to stick at. although the chance of me matching this temp during gameplay or normal tasks probably wont happen.

Thank you all for reading the project log hope you enjoyed it and it just shows that u can puck a lot of punch into the mATX form factor.

Final pics will follow tomorrow or something, maybe a little later as ive got stacks of uni work to be getting on with (which i put aside to build this rig lol)

Thanks again, Please leave your comments

StevenG

Soldato
OP
Got a better pic of the final product for you -

still have to put mesh and a light behind the panel but i'm going to do that at a later date im fesh out of funds atm.

Ram Modules in place :) decided to only go with 2gb as 4gb wouldnt be used 95% of the time and i can justify the cost.

83ram.JPG

84ram.JPG

Final Image of the Build - Enjoy!

85final.JPG

Thanks for Reading.

StevenG

Soldato
OP
Superb read from start to finish, very impressed. Are you going to W/C the RAM too in time?

Have some stars :)

W/C the ram would make the tight case even tighter as id have to use F barbs and go from 1/2" tubing to smaller tubing so ive decided that its not really worth the hastle tbh, ive got the fans on the rad blowing directly onto it so it should stay nice and cool.

thanks for the stars :)

StevenG

Soldato
OP
Great build m8. Told ya the ram and the GTX would fit...just;)

yeah, JUST lol close call didnt think it would fit when i held it up against the case, but it did :D thank god lol. couldnt bare to part with something so powerful becuase of space reasons lol

anyway heres the final pics, decided to leave it like this as it looks really smart :)

StevenG

Associate
looks great with the front/side panel on :)

i think that you can see the GFX waterblock through the lettering cuts is rad. have you got a coloured dye and uv lights to make it glow ??

Back
Top Bottom