Projector Fan Upgrade

Associate
Afternoon, planning an upgrade to my LG HU70LA projector, the fans are quite loud as one would expect. I have attached a picture of the fan and connector. Current Fan Module, T70T12Mha9-52K06 3.9Krpm Dc 12V 140Ma 1.68W 60Hz 820Mm3 Per Min 70 X 70 X 25 Nidec Corporation

Plan to use an ultra quiet Be Quiet or Noctua but finding it impossible to find one that matches the spec and the connector to the projector mobo. Any help would be very much appreciated!
o7IasF.jpg
aJsaCU.jpg

Soldato
Depends which part of the spec you want to match. If you match the entire spec it'll be just as loud really.

I should point out your spec may or may not be accurate. 820mm³/min is very small, it's less than one ninth of 1CFM.

Be careful - heat is critical in projectors, moreso than PCs really. That said, your basic specs to play with are:

Speed
Air pressure
Air flow
And then the noise level which, while dictated by the above, might be less annoying with a good design.

Going with something very quiet you'll likely get less pressure and poorer cooling. 3900RPM is very fast!

You'll be soldering the connector more likely - just need to map which wire is 12V, which is negative/0V, and which is the speed sense.

Edit: bequiet and Noctua both don't make a 70mm fan and you might find no other PC brands do. Delta and Nidec are good fan brands, as is Sunon. Check those out.

Back
Top Bottom