Proof Scumacher cheated at Ferrari

Not even going to bother with the article at all, as im pretty sure its going to be OMG FERARRI USED ILLEGAL TRACTION CONTROL WHAAAA WHHAAAA rant :rolleyes:

F1 racing magazine covered it years ago (2001 i think), Ferrari's engine mapping system used the FIAs ruling on gear change/engine link speeds etc to their advantage. it was set too high by the FIA it seemed, so Ferrari improved the engine map, gear box etc to simulate traction control, alowwing everything between the engine rev and gear to be perfect before the gear change completed. So if this was run in an F1 mag back in 2001, guessing it wasnt such a big deal - sure eveyone else would have caught onto it by then too.

lol, this is pathetic. How it engine mapping the same thing as traction control? And why would traction control make his brakes work. Unless it was some form of stability control, which would probably be absolutley useless in an f1 car anyway.

He is clearly entering a corner in the picture anyway. Don't see what the fuss is about tbh

I suggest you have a look at the McLaren fiddle brake system from '98. Though this was manual (driver controlled by extra pedal) and legal it did the exact same thing. Inner rear wheel being braked on the exit from a corner.

Since when does "engine mapping" mean "traction control"?

And since when does traction control involve applying brakes?

The guy sounds deluded. I'm not defending Schumi but this guy clearly doesn't have a clue. There are far better ways to attack Schumi if need be.

I almost cant be bothered to type a response to that article :(. What a bitter, stupid and pointless thing to write about.

I don't condone the things Michael did in Adelaide, Jerez or Monaco, but the same things were going on in the Senna/Piquet/Prost years and were just considered racing.

It all gets so damned political nowadays what with the governing bodies trying to reign it in, and going back on decisions they have made to try and 'improve' the sport and make it more competitive.

If they just left it alone and let the drivers get on with it then F1 would be better for it.

I almost cant be bothered to type a response to that article :(. What a bitter, stupid and pointless thing to write about.

I don't condone the things Michael did in Adelaide, Jerez or Monaco, but the same things were going on in the Senna/Piquet/Prost years and were just considered racing.

It all gets so damned political nowadays what with the governing bodies trying to reign it in, and going back on decisions they have made to try and 'improve' the sport and make it more competitive.

If they just left it alone and let the drivers get on with it then F1 would be better for it.

Yeah I pretty much agree with this post, these kinds of discussions have gone on for years, at times I absolutly hated MS but in the end I was sad to see him leave Formula 1 a few years ago as he was good entertainment.

Since when does "engine mapping" mean "traction control"?

And since when does traction control involve applying brakes?

The guy sounds deluded. I'm not defending Schumi but this guy clearly doesn't have a clue. There are far better ways to attack Schumi if need be.

Read up on mclarens third pedal and then you will see how it helped traction out of the corners and what it was for.

You do know that these cars go through scrutineering?

The big evidence is a fuzzy picture?

Oh my...

It was a similar picture that showed how mclaren was aiding traction. There were rumours something was going on in the car so Darren heath popped his camera in and pointed it at the pedals.

Back
Top Bottom