Proud owners please recommend me S10e/S10+, oneplus 7 pro or Huawei P30 pro?

Soldato
Haven't tried any of them, but currently have an S9, and had a OnePlus 3T before. I would go for the OP7. I got the Samsung simply because I needed wi-fi calling but honestly think I still prefer the OP3T, aside from the lower resolution, browsing is easier on the S9 but its a moot point with the phones you mentioned.

Soldato
OP
Haven't tried any of them, but currently have an S9, and had a OnePlus 3T before. I would go for the OP7. I got the Samsung simply because I needed wi-fi calling but honestly think I still prefer the OP3T, aside from the lower resolution, browsing is easier on the S9 but its a moot point with the phones you mentioned.
Thank you, I'm sure the s10 or p30 or op7 will be great whichever I choose, just want to make sure I get it right first time. The Xperia had massive design flaws in its shape, the WiFi and 4g and the predictive keyboard was the worst I've ever used.

Soldato
Thank you, I'm sure the s10 or p30 or op7 will be great whichever I choose, just want to make sure I get it right first time. The Xperia had massive design flaws in its shape, the WiFi and 4g and the predictive keyboard was the worst I've ever used.

No problem. As I said I haven't tried any of the phones mentioned so am simply going by past experience with previous sets from manufacturers. I would look at it like this as a non-expert of phones!:

Huawei - Everything may be fine or there might be a load of problems getting updates, support etc if the situation deteriorates further. I would just avoid them for the moment. I think their devices are quality (Have a Huawei tablet) but wouldn't get one of their devices at this point in time.

Samsung - Consistent, always up there with the fastest/best cameras etc even if not THE best they will be top 3. Most android users tend to go for Samsung, they are just proven.

OnePlus - Honestly the 3T is my only experience with them but I found the software the best, extremely responsive, little bloat and the handset just felt well built. I think they possibly do lack some 'features' that may appear on other top end handsets but if your anything like me, phone, text, email and web browsing along with a few random apps, netflix, spotify etc etc it handled all of them as well as I could expect any phone would and i'm just not taken in by the odd random features. Simple but high quality design imo.

I will also throw LG into the mix. I am aware they are certainly not near peoples top picks but my LG G4 I had several years ago was also fantastic, incredibly responsive (even used it recently for a week), but again the resolution of such an old handset was an issue. On their new handsets it won't be. Probably not the obvious choice and I have no idea how their new handsets compare but they are also not as sought after so you may get a better deal?

I am literally someone who only looks at phones when my contract is up and i'm due for an upgrade. I use my phones for work (trading stocks and shares) and all i've had in the last 5ish years handle everything I need to do with ease. Unless you like to play mobile games etc I really don't think there is too much in them for general apps but the OP7 is noted as feeling incredibly responsive, not due to the hardware but just due to the animations etc they have chosen for their OS overlay. Small thing but can really make you appreciate over time.

Good luck.

Soldato
Huawei - Everything may be fine or there might be a load of problems getting updates, support etc if the situation deteriorates further. I would just avoid them for the moment. I think their devices are quality (Have a Huawei tablet) but wouldn't get one of their devices at this point in time.

I personally would have no problem buying a P30 or P30 Pro on the basis that they have already been promised Android 10. Future devices (I'm looking at you Mate 30 Pro) I would not want to purchase until they are available with full access to playstore and apps out of the box.

Back
Top Bottom