PS2 to VX922 TFT

Associate
You can't just buy a cable, you need a vga box. The best one is probably the X2VGA2 which is about $80 (£40) inc. shipping to import. You also need PS2 component leads. You could use a video-in on your graphics card if you have one but the picture will be awful.

Last edited:
Soldato
RichL said:
You can't just buy a cable, you need a vga box. The best one is probably the X2VGA2 which is about $80 (£40) inc. shipping to import. You also need PS2 component leads. You could use a video-in on your graphics card if you have one but the picture will be awful.

Would you recomend this? I'm thinking of hooking up a wii to the Samsung SM-226BW 22" - Would it work and would i require an extra Wii components cable from the X2VGA2 lot?

Associate
Haven't used one myself, just heard that the original X2VGA and X2VGA+ were very good. This new version requires component input but that is the best quality connection anyway. Should work fine on your wii looking at the spec sheet. You just need any wii component cable, nothing special.

edit:

just looked this up in more detail and the manufacturer states:

Neoya said:
Playstation 2 Most games can only support 480i mode. Therefore, only those that support 480p, or 1080i mode can work with the X2VGA 2.
Wii Most games support 480p mode and can work with the X2VGA 2.

So for PS2 you are probably best getting a 2nd hand X2VGA+ I think.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom