PS3 : Crysis 2 MP demo up on the US store, (UK store tomorrow)

Soldato
Will be giving this a go for the hell of it on PS3, even though I will get the game on PC - already have the first two on PC, so make sense to me.

If I was really bothered about the MP, I may have considered it on PS3, but am really only into the Crysis games for the SP.

Still worried it won't have the same appeal for me as the first two, as what I liked about them was the open maps and location.

Associate
Second day Ive had the demo but still haven't been able to play a single game. It just sits there on the lobby screen and can't find a single game. The 360 demo works fine. Ps3 says Nat type Moderate, 360 reports it as Open. I've rebooted the Router several times but no difference. Anyone else having this issue? And what did you do to solve it as I'd really like to see what the Ps3 version looks/runs like for myself in comparison.

Soldato
Second day Ive had the demo but still haven't been able to play a single game. It just sits there on the lobby screen and can't find a single game. The 360 demo works fine. Ps3 says Nat type Moderate, 360 reports it as Open. I've rebooted the Router several times but no difference. Anyone else having this issue? And what did you do to solve it as I'd really like to see what the Ps3 version looks/runs like for myself in comparison.

I had this problem yesterday. I just quit the demo and reloaded it which got me into a lobby. I also have a moderate NAT type.

Caporegime
Will be giving this a go for the hell of it on PS3, even though I will get the game on PC - already have the first two on PC, so make sense to me.

If I was really bothered about the MP, I may have considered it on PS3, but am really only into the Crysis games for the SP.

Still worried it won't have the same appeal for me as the first two, as what I liked about them was the open maps and location.
You, of all people, may notice some FPS issues :D

Youve been warned!!!

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
Well it's twice they have done this. Far-Cry 2 has got nothing to do with FC1. Having finished both I can honestly say that if FC2 had been called something else, I would never have thought it was a sequel to FC1

Soldato
You, of all people, may notice some FPS issues :D

Youve been warned!!!

ps3ud0 :cool:

LOL :)

Yes, my moaning about KZ3 frame rate would suggest that - still not sold the game. It's annoying, cause I really did like KZ3 otherwise, hence why struggling to get rid of it.

May trade in for Homefront tomorrow though...

Soldato
Downloaded this myself and was shocked at how bad the visuals are on it, plus the speed at which it plays. When you've been playing games like god of war 3 and uncharted 2 in the same week, this really does look awful for a PS3 game.

If I buy it, I'll get it on the PC to avoid any more disappointment

Associate
I had this problem yesterday. I just quit the demo and reloaded it which got me into a lobby. I also have a moderate NAT type.

Thanks mate, but I still have had problems. I haven't been able to get into a single game. I even tried downloading the "demo" again from thr Uk Psn Store but the same thing happens. I just wanted to see for myself if the graphics and framerate are really as bad as I've read/seen online or if it was BS and those screenshots had been "editied" to favour a particular console.

I've read today Crytek are going to pull the demo offline and shut down the servers, just as well really. Its a pretty poor showing really for all those Ps3 owners that have waited ages for even some footage of the game on their system, let alone have a "demo" that took ages to come out pulled after just two days.

They should've put out a Single Player demo. Everyone can play it and everyone can enjoy it regardless. The graphics will undoubtedly be better in Single Player mode, and when all is said and done that is the main mode of the game which most people will be playing. A real missed opportunity and a stupid marketing decision if you ask me that seems to have done Crytek and their future sales of this sure to be great game more harm than good. Now most people who have played the PC and 360 "demos" have been put off buying the full game because of the lag and hit detection issues even though in Single Player they are irrelevant, and most Ps3 owners can't even try it out anymore.

Soldato
I have this pre-ordered for the PS3, I know they said the demo was pulled to make sure the problems were sorted out for main release but I can't help feel it was pulled before any more people were put off buying it..

I'm note sure now whether to keep the pre-order for the PS3 or swap it to the 360 or PC version.

Associate
I'm going to pass on this now. I had planned to get it on the PS3, but after I finally got into a game the frame rates were horrible. A killstreak(red beam from orbit) felt like it made the game drop to 5 frames. Also while maneuvering around the map I could fell the frame rates choking badly.

I know that the demo may have very well been a old build, but that's no excuss to release it onto PSN in its current state.

Associate
I have this pre-ordered for the PS3, I know they said the demo was pulled to make sure the problems were sorted out for main release but I can't help feel it was pulled before any more people were put off buying it..

I'm note sure now whether to keep the pre-order for the PS3 or swap it to the 360 or PC version.

Up to you. The Single Player will be great as always, but the Ps3 version looks like an average game instead of a AAA title in terms of graphics from what I've seen. It looks very heavily upscaled from a smaller res and lacks the sharpness of either the PC or 360 version. If you have the choice I would go for either the 360 version or PC depending on your gaming habits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kF67XFXq_ys - Xbox 360 Campaign

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svKUhYXZoHI&feature=channel_video_title - Ps3 Campaign

For those that can only get it on the Ps3 I would say to still buy it as regardless of how it looks compared to the other versions its still gonna be a fun game and as long as you enjoy it thats what counts in the end.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom