PS3 Good time to buy?

Caporegime
But we couldn't possibly comment on the downloading of episode 11 of season 2 of Heroes now could we. I could never condone it.
All I'm going to say is that the bandwidth for the 'Fall' update comes second tomorrow.

I would never flaunt the rules like that. All I will say is that you can watch the show legally on nbc.com hours after the broadcast if you have a US IP address.

Like yourself, I would hate to be a hypocrite regarding the rules :p

rp2000

Caporegime
ps3 is not a good time to buy.

a 360 is a good time to buy now mass effect is out, srsly.

Ah, you have taken heed of my comments re: your sig. Also there are some vowels missing from your post. Ask Carol nicely and she will give you 4 vowels to add to your 5 consenants, and that may make a proper word. 9 letters no less!!!!

rp2000

Soldato
It's here tomorrow though!
I could have waited, but I thought better of it :p

It's just another game that's coming out, nothing special. :p.

I like the look of Alan Wake, def get it on my PC when its out, any more news on this game as ive not seen anything about since sept 06?
Just one question about the Divx support coming, my friends uses media centre extender (or something like that) for streaming to his 360 he was told that the divx/xvid in the update wont support this, is that right?

Permabanned
Ah, you have taken heed of my comments re: your sig. Also there are some vowels missing from your post. Ask Carol nicely and she will give you 4 vowels to add to your 5 consenants, and that may make a proper word. 9 letters no less!!!!

rp2000

you are too smart for the internet!!

Soldato
Last edited:
Caporegime
Just one question about the Divx support coming, my friends uses media centre extender (or something like that) for streaming to his 360 he was told that the divx/xvid in the update wont support this, is that right?
I'm not entirely sure, I've not really read up too much on it (too busy playing games or looking for work) but I'm not a streaming fan. I'd rather burn something to disc and play it that way :p.

Caporegime
I like the look of Alan Wake, def get it on my PC when its out, any more news on this game as ive not seen anything about since sept 06?

See question 10:

http://blogs.msdn.com/xboxteam/archive/2007/11/30/december-2007-video-playback-faq.aspx

(its a Table else i'd post it).

I have re-read the FAQ and it says avi extensions will play from WMP11 but not from media centre extender. So I assume those using Media Centre (through XP MCE or Vista Home Premium/Ultimate or stand alone player are stuck).

But as every man and his dog has WMP11 I doubt it will be an issue for most 360/PC users.

That is my understanding and to be fair the FAQ is fairly definitive compared to past updates.

rp2000

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
No Comment :p

Have a look at the games on both systems, and have a look at what games are due to be released on both systems over the next year, and go for what you like the look of.

What he said! Always go for the console with the games you want most on it :) it's what I've always done and I've never gone wrong imo. Although I have managed to own nearly every console possible in the last 15 years :p

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Nope, I always do it too :D Most of the consoles I've owned have been down to 2-3 games that I know make the cost of the console worthwhile. It's expensive but very satisfying :p

Back
Top Bottom