PS3 problem

Associate
One of my PS3s is locking up within a few minutes of being switched on, even after being left off for a long while. No error message, just screen corruption. This machine had being going OK for some weeks 24/7 crunching (it had done 87 WUs. Anyone else had this trouble with a PS3? My other one did lock up as well but since rebooting has been working fine for the last few days.

ms9cw

Don
ms9cw said:
One of my PS3s is locking up within a few minutes of being switched on, even after being left off for a long while. No error message, just screen corruption. This machine had being going OK for some weeks 24/7 crunching (it had done 87 WUs. Anyone else had this trouble with a PS3? My other one did lock up as well but since rebooting has been working fine for the last few days.

ms9cw

Tried contacting Sony and telling them they are pants and its effect out FAH average! :)

Stelly

Associate
ms9cw said:

ms9cw

Could be the first sign that PS3's can't cope running fah 24/7?

Time to RMA your PS3 I think :p

Last edited:
Don
Windle said:
My PS3 has been on SOLID since release without a single hiccup. However i'm sure Sony will be happy to replace it.

I remember my PS2 being like a month out of warrenty, I called Sony and the replace it out of 'good will'.... or it could be because they want you to buy games as thats how they make their money :)

Stelly

Soldato
Have you tried a hard reset?

1. Power off the PS3 using the power switch in the back.. and power back on w/ switch.

2. Hold power button on the front until you hear 3 beeps.

3. Go through the initial setup, and then run a full Format via System>format

Associate
OP
theheyes said:
Have you tried a hard reset?
I only get one beep, followed by a second beep and the unit turining itself off. The PS3 is still doing something when the screen freezes, because I can hold the Power button on and it will go through the shutdown sequence.

Sony offered to replace it for £215 :eek: because I got it off eBay and don't have the original receipt (therefore it's regarded as secondhand).

ms9cw

Back
Top Bottom