PS3 questions :)

Soldato
hi chaps. im getting myself a PS3 slim this tuesday, the thing is i have a 24" monitor and a technics hifi and obviously using the hdmi cable to my monitor i will have no sound.

question 1 is do i need another cable to connect to my hifi or is the one in the box? how do you connect your PS3 for sound?

secondary question: how much is an ok hdmi cable?

last question:D: having a 1920x1200 rez monitor with 1:1 pixel mapping am i going to have black bars on the top and bottom of the screen?

many thanks :D

Last edited:
Soldato
1) Yes. Audio out is via toslink optical for surround or the phono plugs on the Multi-AV cable in the box for stereo.
2) Eh? I'm using a £4 Tesco Extra Value HDMI cable and it's just works. Any decently made HDMi cable will be fine. You don't need a gold plated one with platted unicorn hair insulation.
3) Yes. PC monitor is 16:10, most TVs are 16:9. 720p is 1280x720, 1080p is 1920x1080. Also bear in mind that 99% of PS3 games run in 720p mode. So black bars in 1080p, lots of black in 720p

Soldato
OP
thanks for the responses. audio and hdmi im ok with but bit worried about these black bars on my monitor, has anyone got a ps3 hooked up to a similar screen? just worried that the picture will be cramped and i want to sit back a metre or two.

oh and how much is this new 250GB ps3? :D

Soldato
thanks for the responses. audio and hdmi im ok with but bit worried about these black bars on my monitor, has anyone got a ps3 hooked up to a similar screen? just worried that the picture will be cramped and i want to sit back a metre or two.

oh and how much is this new 250GB ps3? :D

I posted it on here, but its going to be £285 with a game or 2 platinum games out on the 1st October. Theres a BD bundle coming with Dark Knight Terminator Salvation and the BD remote for the same price.

Back
Top Bottom