PS3/X360 HD...

Permabanned
Just a question when using the 360/ps3 on and HD TV say 32". And a non-hd tv that's 32". Is there a large difference in quality that would be like insane to be missing out on? I have a 32" Sony but it's not HD.

Soldato
They both look very good on normal TVs. On some 360 games you'll find the text is too small and you don't always have the wow factor that you get when playing the game on a HD display but you'll still notice a large jump in quality from previous consoles.

Soldato
Its like comparing a PC game at 640*480 to a PC game at 1280*1024 if that give you a rough idea. So in short Yes you would be missing out but dont let the fact its not HD spoil the enjoyment you will get on either console.

Soldato
Huge difference mate. I went from a 23" 8 year old Nokia to a 26" Samsung HDTV and the difference was mind boggling, probably the best graphics upgrade ive ever seen. A mate of mine kept slating me for using my shed of an old TV, so i eventually bit the bullet and bought one, and the difference is massive.

Best example is to use your PC at 640x480 then up it to 1280x1024 and youll see a similar differnce in TVs.

Permabanned
OP
Well I get how the text is a lot clearer and the picture is cleaner if that's the word on the PC. But my tv isn't hd :(

Also off topic but was looking at the compatibility list for PS2 to PS3 games. And does sony patch things so say a game that runs with noticeable issues will then run with no issues if they patch it?

Last edited:
Soldato
I was at a PS3 retaill event once and they had a CRT and a LCD next to each other running the same game and the difference was massive, it's not just the reslution that is higher but the contrast is better, colours look much nicer as well.

Soldato
SK07 said:
Well I get how the text is a lot clearer and the picture is cleaner if that's the word on the PC. But my tv isn't hd :(

Also off topic but was looking at the compatibility list for PS2 to PS3 games. And does sony patch things so say a game that runs with noticeable issues will then run with no issues if they patch it?

Heres the list its not up to date as far as I know as MGS 3 works now.
http://faq.eu.playstation.com/bc/
They send patches out every now and then, but not always with every monthly update. I think with the 80Gb US model being software emulation a few more games will start to be fixed. Best way is to ask someone either on here or search other forums.

Back
Top Bottom