ps3

hi, i just pre ordered a ps3 from a major online retailer. got an email off them at 4pm saying we are now taking orders etc etc so i orded one quick thinking I an flog in on the Bay. just wodnered what your thoughts are on this.

I know the 360 and wii wer going for almost duble their RRP upon release but will the ps3 do that?? Its expensive (555 with 3 games) and its not xmas....

im in 2 moinds wether to just cancel my order . Thanks!!

mid march release, not a lot of cash at this time for most and the 360 i think has a lot of big titles due in that month too.

I dont think its gonna go for much more on ebay, and im not convinced it's even gonna have much stock trouble

Its easter, a lot of peopel are recovering from crimbo still, adn the console is bloody expenive in the first place. There is also a lot mroe of these console than the 360, so the demand probably wont be as high.

Personally i think its a waste of time, money adn effort. You might make a fair bit of cash, you may make next to nothing. Its only worth as much as people are willing to pay for it.

As far as im aware, where i work we are still taking preorders and still have stock available, so they cant be that hard to come by TBH.

The 360 was the first next gen console and the Wii brought something totally new to the market, the PS3 isn't really bringing anything that we haven't seen before so I doubt it will have the same sort of markup prices as the 360/Wii did.

There wont be a demand on eBay for them, because you can import them at cost price, and with them being region free, none of the ebay folk will want them.
Also the nutters who would pay plenty cash for it, like, well me, will have an import one anyway.

mglover070588 said:
hmmm looks like I did the right thing. Just thought end of march = end of tax year n all the self employed are spending money to reduce the amount of tax they have to pay
hahaha, I have no idea where you got the impression that buying XB360 consoles could in any way effect the amount of tax you have to pay! Sorry, just tickled me with the thought of thousands of my "customers" coming in saying they don't owe as much tax because they bought an xbox! :D

t@xman said:
hahaha, I have no idea where you got the impression that buying XB360 consoles could in any way effect the amount of tax you have to pay! Sorry, just tickled me with the thought of thousands of my "customers" coming in saying they don't owe as much tax because they bought an xbox! :D
no i mean ps3 lol!! mrach release is js b4 tax year ends :p

Yeah, 5th April, but that still doesn't mean that it'll reduce their tax bill - trust me, read my username and guess my profession ;) :p

t@xman said:
Yeah, 5th April, but that still doesn't mean that it'll reduce their tax bill - trust me, read my username and guess my profession ;) :p

So you wont mind me sending my self assessment to the e-mail address in your trust, we've got a lot of self epmployed people here who could do with having it looked over :p ;) might've been a bad idea to admit your profession :D

Back
Top Bottom