PS4 headset chat volume adjustment...

Soldato
Anyone know the best way to adjust the chat volume on PS4 headsets? My young lads friends are so bloody loud I can hear them shouting when standing in the same room as him!!

I’ve tried going into the settings and adjusting the mix all the way to game, but it seems to make no difference whatsoever.

He’s using Turtle Beach, can’t recall the model but they were about £40 so fairly basic...could that be the problem? Would he be better off with a better set? If so, which is best, and which will allow the best chat volume adjustments?

Edit - he plugs his headset directly into his controller, not sure if that makes any difference.

Thanks all

Soldato
OP
Thanks. I’ve no issue getting him a good set, just want to be sure they do what he needs. Do all the pricier ones do this better?

Soldato
OP
Ah I see what you mean. It’s more the issue of his hearing being affected that concerns me, rather than the sound being leaked out. Ideally need a headset that allows separate chat and game adjustments, but I’ve no idea which one to get!

I was looking at Astro A40 with the mix amp, also perhaps the PS Gold headset, but I’ve no idea which will do what I want properly. Money to a large degree isn’t the issue, it’s the ability to adjust the balance correctly really.

Associate
Ahh fair enough. I used to have a Sennheiser Game Zero, it did a great job of what you describe. But that was mostly on xbone. I don’t recall using them on the PS, so I am not sure if they work well on the PS... sorry I can’t be more helpful.

Soldato
OP
You’ve been very helpful indeed and it’s really appreciated, thank you.

Guess I’ll have to keep Googling until I get the right info that I need. Don’t want to go dumping a couple of hundred pounds on something that doesn’t fit the bill!!

Soldato
OP
That’s indeed what I thought, however...even if I set the balance on the PS4 fully to game, the chat volume is still ridiculously loud. Not sure why, but I’ve tried everything and it doesn’t seem to change it at all.

The main game he’s playing is Fortnite, unless it doesn’t properly support it.

I’m not bothered about what leaks out, more for my young lad’s hearing!

He has a closed cup headset, but at times I can still hear his friends. Some of them are very very loud.

Soldato
OP
I’ve ordered the PS4 gold headset. It definitely has the buttons to do the chat/game adjustment. Hopefully it does the job, otherwise it will go back and I’ll get a higher end set.

Associate
If he is still having problems try turning on the mic monitoring/side tone feature on the Gold headset (hold down the mute button for several seconds until it gives a longer beep iirc). It will introduce a slight hiss but you can hear some of the room around you and your own voice level without it feeding back. Also very handy if you want to game at night while still being able to monitor sleeping kids :).

Back
Top Bottom