PS4 or XBox Controller for PC

Associate
Need a second wireless controller, as my wired 360 controller is about worn out.
I already have an Xbox One controller that was bundled with my Oculus Rift.

The last console I owned was a PS2, and I always preferred that controller to the Xbox.

Should I get another matching Xbox controller. Or should I try out the DualShock 4.
I assume the second Xbox controller would work through the same USB dongle I have plugged in already, at the same time as the other. I'm concerned Steam would give me problems if I have a mix of controllers.

Alternatively. Should I wait and get a new generation controller later this year.

Associate
OP
I thought steam would have taken care of the connection without need for extra apps. Not a problem, but more hassle.
I didnt know if the light bar and touch pad would be a bit useless for PC, but glad that it can be used.

Soldato
A second xbox controller does work off the same dongle fine. I use a pair when friends around to play Tekken 7 off a single dongle.

Aside from that personal preference, but xbox controller is my personal preference.

Associate
OP
Pleased with my purchase which turned up yesterday. Thanks for the guidance. Noticeable improvement of the first Xbox one wireless controller. Especially with built in bluetooth, which the first doesn't have. I was able to pair to my phone and use it for mobile games which is pretty awesome. I might take it on holiday for portable gaming. If I ever get a holiday in this climate :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom