PS4 Pro advice

Soldato
Seriously thinking of buying a PS4 Pro. I have no pc only a tablet in my bedsit. No proper internet as i have to tether to my phone to get any and thats utter carp. Accomodation is only temp, hopefully.

So, advice on a PS4 Pro.

Being a complete noob i have some questions:

• I want a 27" monitor which i can use with the PS4 Pro for now and then when i build a PC in the future (I will be buying a big TV for the PS4 Pro when i get a house). What would you recommend? Max say £200
  • Do i need any special cables or does the PS4 Pro come with them all?
  • I been told PS4 Pro is best. Agree?
  • Can i play any PS4 games on it?
  • Can i play DVD films on it?
  • Can i watch films on it from my external hard drive / pendrive?
  • I not one for multiplayer so i guess all modern games can be played in single player? COD etc
Sorry for the list. I hope someone can help. Oh, and is buying 2nd hand for a PS4 Pro a good idea (Game shop).

Thanks

Soldato
I want a 27" monitor which i can use with the PS4 Pro for now and then when i build a PC in the future (I will be buying a big TV for the PS4 Pro when i get a house). What would you recommend? Max say £200 - If you use a monitor, you won't have sound - unless it has integrated speakers. Audio form the PS4 can go via HMDI or Toslink (optical).
Do i need any special cables or does the PS4 Pro come with them all? - comes with them all
I been told PS4 Pro is best. Agree? - best if you have a 4K TV, has a boost mode for non Pro enhanced games
Can i play any PS4 games on it? - yes
Can i play DVD films on it? - yes
Can i watch films on it from my external hard drive / pendrive? - possibly, iirc there is a media player you can download, but this has always been iffy in PS3/4
I not one for multiplayer so i guess all modern games can be played in single player? COD etc - depends on the game, some are gear for MP only (latest Cod BO for example

Soldato
OP
Maybe i should stick with a pc then? I want to be able to game, watch DVDs and listen to music (though i can do that on my tablet).

I know PC has updates too but not having proper internet will it be worse on the PS4 Pro Due to the updates not being able to download?

Soldato
OP
As i use internet via a tethered connection, will i be able to setup and use the Playstation without setting up a network connection?
Or, will it work ok via my tethered connection just so as to set it up initially? I wont be multyplaying on it. Just single player games and watching the odd film.

Soldato
OP
As i use internet via a tethered connection, will i be able to setup and use the Playstation without setting up a network connection?
Or, will it work ok via my tethered connection just so as to set it up initially? I wont be multyplaying on it. Just single player games and watching the odd film.

Soldato
I’d hate to use a ps4 on something with rubbish internet. The amounts of updates and patches are crazy!

And @koolpc

This really, depending on your games you can see 5-10gb + updates on games plus then console updates.

I couldn't get a number of my blu rays to play without a network connection and ps account set up due to BR live features.

Some games don't need a network connection but if you have one, some seem to force an update to be able to play even in single player mode.

It really is a mileage may vary answer tbh.

Soldato
I connected my PS4 to my phohe via wifi hotspot and also tethered through a PC, had no issues with either. If you have issues with big downloads or updates stopping you playing a certain game just simply disconnect from the internet.

Back
Top Bottom