• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

PS5 pricing vs Nvidia 3000 series

Soldato
£450 with 4k blu ray drive, £360 without.

This is actually pretty spicy.

Why pay £470+ for a 4k capable GPU, when you can drop £450 on an entire console which is 4k capable?

Think this was a pretty smart move from Sony. Imagine it will tempt over a fair few people.

(Yes I know 3070 is crazy powerful compared to whatever is in the PS5, but you can't argue with the value for money the Sony is putting on the table with this console release vs Nvidia's new cards..!)
The prices of the digital PS5 games will soon add up

Associate
Very impressed with the pricing for PS5, better than I thought it would be - would still pick my PC over console tho, I already have a dedicated blu-ray player (or could just buy one for PC if needed) so PS5 is no use to me.

I'm still on 1080Ti which plays everything as well as I need it to, might consider an upgrade to 3080 or 3090 next year if 1080Ti starts to really show its age but going to be a while before that happens I think. Happy gaming / purchasing all!

Caporegime
Get ready for console tears then, the 3070 is faster than the 2080ti. Series X ain't coming close
Oh it's faster now is it?

Sure it is. Sure. In maybe 2 games with RTX ON.

I'd wait for benches but I think there's gonna be a lot of people questioning the point of the 3070, and defo questioning the point of the 3060.

3060 will be worse than console for almost as much as a console money. It'll be a complete FAIL (with it's generous 6GB VRAM too :p)

Soldato
£450 with 4k blu ray drive, £360 without.

This is actually pretty spicy.

Why pay £470+ for a 4k capable GPU, when you can drop £450 on an entire console which is 4k capable?
'4k capable' - There is a lot of variation in these words. Surely even you must understand that the price difference here is that whilst your enjoying 4k/30 or 4k/60 with gimped graphics , 3080 owners will be pushing games with maximum fidelity and destroying framerates for a lot of titles.

Get ready for console tears then, the 3070 is faster than the 2080ti. Series X ain't coming close
given 3080 benchmarks, its pretty obvious that the 3070 is going to be sitting under a 2080ti for the majority of titles.

Associate
OP
Very impressed with the pricing for PS5, better than I thought it would be - would still pick my PC over console tho, I already have a dedicated blu-ray player (or could just buy one for PC if needed) so PS5 is no use to me.

I'm still on 1080Ti which plays everything as well as I need it to, might consider an upgrade to 3080 or 3090 next year if 1080Ti starts to really show its age but going to be a while before that happens I think. Happy gaming / purchasing all!

it's a 4k blu ray player, not a typical 1080p blu ray player.
those bad boys retail for £150-200+ typically.

Soldato
Why pay 450 for a brick that just becomes a glorified blu-ray player. Get the GPU that you will actually use.

Yawn.

Why ignore the large number of console exclusives?Or at least timed exclusives.

People here don't seem to complain when a gpu (alone) costs nearly double that of a console. Yet can't find money to try some console gaming too.

Ive always owned consoles alongside my gaming pc. They all actually get used. I really won't ever understand why people are so stubbornly sticking to one platform.

Soldato
'4k capable' - There is a lot of variation in these words. Surely even you must understand that the price difference here is that whilst your enjoying 4k/30 or 4k/60 with gimped graphics , 3080 owners will be pushing games with maximum fidelity and destroying framerates for a lot of titles.

given 3080 benchmarks, its pretty obvious that the 3070 is going to be sitting under a 2080ti for the majority of titles.

mid that's true then the people who sold their 2080ti for $500 are suckers, glad I waited

Back
Top Bottom