Ps5 remote play

Associate
Is this over your local network? Do you have VLANs or multiple networks? Thought I'd ask as I've had friends who overlooked these.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Set up your PS5 console in the following ways. You’ll only need to do this the first time you use Remote Play:

• From the home screen, select Settings
    iconid_settings.png
    > System > Remote Play, and then turn on Enable Remote Play.
  • To start Remote Play while your PS5 console is in rest mode, select Settings
    iconid_settings.png
    > System > Power Saving > Features Available in Rest Mode. Then turn on Stay Connected to the Internet and Enable Turning On PS5 from Network.

MBL

MBL

Associate
Slight aside but I got a portal the other day and struggling with connection at home. Have my ps5 using ethernet (via powerlines) and am next to the router. Setup a 5Ghz wifi channel but connection isnt great even being so close to the router. Will do some more fiddling tonight but if its not better its going back sadly.

Soldato
OP
Slight aside but I got a portal the other day and struggling with connection at home. Have my ps5 using ethernet (via powerlines) and am next to the router. Setup a 5Ghz wifi channel but connection isnt great even being so close to the router. Will do some more fiddling tonight but if its not better its going back sadly.
Look forward to your update and how to
Overcome it

Soldato
Powerlines can be very inconsistent in terms of throughput, they aren't necessarily much better than WiFi.

Soldato
My portal is fine with both my PS5 and my Portal on the same WiFi network.

Only time i have an issue is when downloading on the PS5, it kills the portal connection. I assume the PS5 is using all the wifi bandwidth for the download so the portal has none left.

Back
Top Bottom