1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSN Charges

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by davewhite04, Aug 11, 2018.

1. davewhite04

Mobster

Does anyone else get 3-4 spurious 10p charges from Sony for no reason?

Every month they decide to charge me 10 pences here and there?

I bought Mega Drive classics for £15.99 in the summer sale. I got charged £24.99 as I must of bought it just over midnight(it was in my basket for £15.99) that day it came off a Summer sale even though the sale is still on, and it just says adding games everyday or something, nothing about taking games off sale.

If I didn't have a digital library of 300+ games on my Playstation I'd just switch to xbox. I'm really sick of the way Sony operate, they are scammers and they get away with it most of the time.

I'll be speaking to barclaycard on Monday AGAIN. 10p, it's the principal.

2. malachi

Sgarrista

Nope, you need get in touch with Sony and check your account for suspicious activity.

Also if you don't have multi factor authentication enabled on your PSN account, DO IT NOW!

3. Spacedeck

Mobster

I'm guessing these are on your statement? Just contact Sony, why would they have any reason to scam you or anyone else? That doesn't make sense.

4. V F

Capodecina

If that is the case, I'm still so surprised the amount that is still getting caught out to this day. They made it available back in 2016.

5. Plainsong

Soldato

Something not right there. I've never experienced anything like that before.

6. TheVoice

Capodecina

Speak to Sony, and/oror disassociate all payment methods from your account and use top-up codes which can be had cheaper than using money directly anyway.

7. digitalx

Soldato

None here, nothing on emails etc. I would get in contact ASAP.

8. Iron-man

Hitman

get hold of them and ask them what the charges are for, as above cancel all payments methods to it and use codes

9. davewhite04

Mobster

Cheers everyone. Sony's customer service lines were off last time I rung so emailed instead. Got a reply today simply stating there will be no refund unless I have a screenshot of it saying £15.99 in my trolley! So everytime I buy digital I should take a screenshot of my basket(which proves nothing) before I press pay in case I'm overcharged!

Called barclaycard who are usually really good, so Sony will end up paying what they owe, just it'll take a while and a wait for my new card to come. I wish digital games never came out. In sales I buy tons of games I never play, and buy most of my games on there generally just for convenience. I'm stuck with Sony now, Nintendo are worse like, Microsoft have been good for me.

10. andshrew

Wise Guy

You could just do the normal person thing and, you know, check what the total on the checkout is showing before blindly clicking through it.

11. PiKe

Capodecina

Sony are really funny about not being able to take payment or getting a chargeback, they will suspend your account if you have disputed it with Barclaycard and got the refund that way.

12. Spacedeck

Mobster

I thought this was about the 10p charges? Not about the basket value.

And as above, if its a chargeback in anyway, you will be suspended until you repay them the outstanding balance.