PSN goes all Millennium Bug on us

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Turned my slim on this morning and the clock was 10 minutes fast.

Not sure if it's related, but it was always synced via the internet so it came as a shock this morning as I thought I was late for work :o

Soldato
Has there been an official response from Sony what (if anything) they did?

No official word no, but i can guarantee all they did was wait for the binary clock in the PS3 to tick over to a date that the operating system recognised, thus allowing it to correctly connect to the PSN servers. I imagine in a couple of weeks there'll be a firmware update with no specific features, within which is a fix for the issue.

Caporegime
Turned my slim on this morning and the clock was 10 minutes fast.

Not sure if it's related, but it was always synced via the internet so it came as a shock this morning as I thought I was late for work :o

The clock is always fast, gains a couple of minutes a month, at least. Syncing via the Internet is a one off afaik. I sync it and it is on time, it gains time, after a while, and I sync it and it is OK again. i.e. the time servers on the internet are correct, but the local clock on the PS3 ticks a bit too quickly.

rp2000

Associate
Always amazes me that a console capable of doing millions of calculations a second can't do something as simple as keeping time :o
I've yet to find a device (other than really good watches) that keep time well at all. My pc is only correct because it constantly checks time servers

Soldato
Get real. We both know I'm the biggest Halo fanboy on these boards yet even I think the PS3 is a far more reliable and sturdy piece of hardware than the 360. If you want to poop inane comments like this out, maybe pick a board where the majority of users have never even touched a PS3.

Such a stupid comment to make.

LOL! Even in there wholly biased forum there poll runs at a 20% failure rate!

Soldato
I've fixed a similar problem in the past, Ages ago now. I think it was with fallout 3. I had to delete the cache stored by the game on the hard drive. Under game data, NOT SAVEDATA.

I cant guarantee this will help with heavy rain, As i've not tried it. But it definately helped with Fallout 3. If your PS3 explodes I'm not to blame

Back
Top Bottom