PSP major screen problem!

Associate
I bought a PSP from ebay got it today and there is 21 pure black pixels on a blue background and a rather big noticible dark area on screen which can be seen on anything bar a black background. Also they appears to be streaks of non cleanable areas that give a weird colour affect.

This is my 3rd PSP so I deffo know its wrong but now I'm wondering what to do! I did get a good deal, £100 for a giga pack with 2x top games loads of accessories and its only a month old (So he suggest) definatly in good condition otherwise. So what do I do?.........

A) Go buy one from say GAME swap the PSP and get a refund

B) Get a screen replacement and pester the seller for the costs

C) Deal with Sony direct to get it exchanged (Obviously no receipt if it is needed :()

Or anything else someone may suggest

TIA :)

Soldato
A) is fraud, so not the best idea :)

B) sounds like a good bet, i had mine replaced £60 it was (from ebay guy)

C) not sure what sony charge, worth a phone call.

More importantly is the seller must have known, was any of these issues stated? if not email him and see what he says, may require negative feedback

Soldato
i'd take it up with the dude that sold u it, and then take it up with ebay/paypal to be honest, he would have known about the dead pixels, if he said 'i dont know haven't checked' he might have got away with it, but you must be able to tell on the home screen.
AFAIK the pixel fixer can only really fix 'stuck pixels' i.e. if the pixel is permanently on, it can kick it round and release it, but i dont think it works for dead/black pixels, but good luck ;)

Associate
OP
Got a screen from the auction site for £20 just need the seller to play ball now and refund me for it. Doesn't look to much of a job to change the screen over at least.

Caporegime
Personally i would send the unit back to him and tell him to refund your money back in complete tbh. Not worth the risk of replacing the screen yourself as these units are built in dustfree zones.

Anyways good luck with it dude, like i said if it was me id return it to him for a refund and pick up a proper working version of the psp.

Associate
OP
Never thought of that to be honest! Although a lot of people offer the screen replacements guessing most won't be done in a dust free enviro?!

Caporegime
Pac3y said:
Never thought of that to be honest! Although a lot of people offer the screen replacements guessing most won't be done in a dust free enviro?!

Well i cant be too sure of it but im pretty sure with lcd tvs and screen they put them together in dust free environments. But saying that on my psp i have a few dust particles under the screen.,..nothing too serious though...cant really see them unless the unit is turned off.

Which reminds me....havent played on my psp since i got my xbox360 lol...think im going to have to give it some TLC soon:p

Associate
Pac3y said:

I've replaced LCD screens for an I-Mate JASJAR and other electronics items before in a non-dust free environment and there weren't any problems. As long as you take your time with it and follow some sort of a guide that tells you how to open the device up then you should be fine. Below is a guide on how to open up the PSP:

http://forum.lik-sang.com/showthread.php?t=6599

I'd recommend using an ice cube tray or eggbox to split up the screws. Just take your time with it and don't put too much pressure on the LCD screen as they can crack.

Back
Top Bottom