PSP Question...

Associate
Hi all,

I've never had a PSP for starters but im looking for a cheap portable way of playing FF7 and 8... I have them bought on PSN however I'm reading that the PSP can no longer download games from the store.

Is there anyway round this? Don't want to spend a lot just to play 2 old games, £100 for a Vita is a bit much, maybe they have the same issue? Not sure.

Any help appreciated

Soldato
The PSP is one of the best consoles around for custom firmware. It's easy to do and there're quite a lot of guides/support sites.
A cheap PSP, custom firmware and a look around the internet (for the games) and you'll be in a good place.

Soldato
Guys this thread will get locked, can't discuss custom firmware or look around the Internet for games... I know what you mean but yeah don't.

Associate
You should be able to get the PS Vita for a fair bit under £100 now-a-days and FF7 is still available for PS3/Vita from the PS Store.

Soldato
If you have bought the games on the ps store in advance, you can still access your download list on the PSP and download your purchases . Did it recently myself with the Resident evil bundle and parasite eve 2.

Just sign in on the system to your profile. I think they just removed the store itself, so you cant buy items on the PSP system now but can still do it via the website, and then access your download list as above

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/g...updating/psp-download-from-playstation-store/

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Ok cool, thanks fornthebinfo on that guys. Didn't realise you could still access the part of the store I would need.

Just to get without there, don't have any intention of "hacking" it... want to stay legit

Vita does sound good, is there any major benefits forngoingnfor PSP over vita? My intention was solely PS1 classics, but vita games may sway me I guess. Are that graphically much better than PSP tiltes?

Soldato
Graphics on some Vita games are really great, but you'd be better looking at some "best games" style lists to decide which is the better one to go for.
You'll miss out on Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core if you went for the Vita over the PSP, and it's a really good entry! Decisions decisions.

If you get an OLED Vita the screen really looks great, but it's got an annoying proprietary charging port.
The later models had better battery life, feel a bit better in the hand and have a standard micro-usb port.

Associate
OP
Haha yea, decision is actually harder than I thought it would be to be honest... the more I read the more I realise how good each console is in its own right.

Hmmmm...

Back
Top Bottom