PSU Blown Up. Recommend Replacement

Soldato
Just taken the graphics card out, no change.

My CPU/mobo has onboard graphics, though. The FX 8120 has none and the 990FX motherboard doesn't seem to have graphics ports either (have looked at the specs but please correct me if I'm wrong). It may not be the GPU but I think the only way to test is trying the GPU in a different system, or a different GPU in your system.

Associate
OP
My CPU/mobo has onboard graphics, though. The FX 8120 has none and the 990FX motherboard doesn't seem to have graphics ports either (have looked at the specs but please correct me if I'm wrong). It may not be the GPU but I think the only way to test is trying the GPU in a different system, or a different GPU in your system.

It doesn't have onboard graphics, which I'm surprised new boards do.

Don't have another system or GPU.

Soldato
Maybe buy a cheap £10-ish second-hand/B-Grade card to test.

Also, sometimes forum members are happy to help out, if they live in same area.

Associate
The FX-series need a GPU to POST, even it's the most basic card. They have no onboard GPU. Where are you based? I've got a few cards/PSUs in my collection of spares. If you're local, I'd be happy to help out.

Associate
OP
The FX-series need a GPU to POST, even it's the most basic card. They have no onboard GPU. Where are you based? I've got a few cards/PSUs in my collection of spares. If you're local, I'd be happy to help out.

Managed to find an old XFX 7600GT and it hasn't changed what the computer is doing. I've decided to upgrade to Ryzen and the last few parts should arrive tomorrow.

Associate
Sounds like the board/CPU are borked. Good choice upgrading to Ryzen. Even the 1500X will be better than your FX-8120 and more energy efficient.

Soldato
Sure makes Seasonic's site look easy to use.
LOL, 10 year warranty for new "mid range" PSU serie...
Looks like Seasonic is throwing some challenge at others.

The RMA on Seasonic is really good also, I've just send back two PSU's without cables, and they send me back two new PSU's in box's, so two lots of spare cables now.

Back
Top Bottom