PSU / Case / HD upgrade - Corsair?

Associate
Hi

After my lightning strike & associated wranglings, I'm now going to order a new psu, maybe a case and a hard drive.

My kit now is:

Core2 Duo E4300
Asus P5B mobo
Tagan 480w psu (fried)
2gb Geil ram
Cheap case
X1800XT gfx card

I'm looking at buying an Antec Sonata III case with 500w psu and the Western Digital Caviar SE16 500GB 5000AAKS SATA-II 16MB Cache - OEM.

Now to a question: is the psu good enough to last me for a few years, gfx upgrade for Crysis at the end of the year, etc? Or should I do what seems to be recommended everywhere and get a Corsair psu and keep my cheap case?

I do a bit of overclocking, play games like BF2, HL2 etc and will definitely want to play Crysis when it eventually comes out.

Thanks for any help.

Associate
Definitely go with the Corsair. You don't want buy your new DX10 card the day before Crysis comes out, only to realize that you'll need a new PSU. If there's nothing wrong with your case, then why change it?

Associate
OP
My case was one of those 'buy cheap, regret later' jobs, that I've been meaning to change for ages, mostly because of the noise. Then again, from what I've read, the corsairs are quiet anyway, so maybe that will be good enough.....

Hmmm, maybe it will have to be the corsair :D

Back
Top Bottom