PSU Dangerous ?

Associate
OP
Don't know what to do, some people are saying i must change immediately and some others say my current Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite is fine ?

Associate
OP
I'm monitoring my PSU with HWINFO

On the 12v Rail what is acceptable ? It usually sits at 12.024 and the lowest so far during CS GO was 11.808

Man of Honour
Software isn't particularly accurate with regards to psu voltages. The only real way to be sure is to use a multimeter. It's within tolerance though. Minimum is 11.400v and max is 12.600v for the +12v rail. I would still be replacing that heap of junk asap.

Associate
OP
Software isn't particularly accurate with regards to psu voltages. The only real way to be sure is to use a multimeter. It's within tolerance though. Minimum is 11.400v and max is 12.600v for the +12v rail. I would still be replacing that heap of junk asap.

Well the piece of junk works fine for now lol so i'll stick with it

I'm yet to see anyone say that this PSU has failed them, so it's very unlikely.

I don't overclock and im not a heavy gamer so it will be fine

Soldato
I'm monitoring my PSU with HWINFO

On the 12v Rail what is acceptable ? It usually sits at 12.024 and the lowest so far during CS GO was 11.808
You can roll a dice when it comes to reliability of software readings.
People have had software and BIOS claiming voltages which would either fry PC or be too low for operating at all.

Also those aren't good for telling how voltage regulation works for faster load transients.
And from ripple they don't tell anything.
PSU could be torturing components with excessive ripple and those average DC voltage values wouldn't budge any.

And how fast ripple increases depends on how fast capacitors wear.
Such a good thing Coolerhamster used cheap Chinese capacitors...
I mean it's better to use money for brand marketing than second tier maker components.

Wouldn't use such cheap PSU for more than three to four years in enthusiast use PC.
Well, you could also buy (oscillo)scope for checking ripple, but that costs same as multiple quality PSUs.

Associate
OP
Wouldn't use such cheap PSU for more than three to four years in enthusiast use PC.

I don't plan on using it for that long, but i've only just purchased my PC 2 months ago and already changed the CPU,GPU and RAM

Some time in the next few months i'll consider the RM750X

I do an hour or two of gaming each day with no overclock so im hardly putting it through its paces

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom