PSU Dust Filter ?

Associate
My PC came with one, but it never slotted in correctly so I must've thrown it out.
Now I know more about PC's I wonder is it necessary to have one outside the case for the PSU ?

I regularly clean the dust out of my computer with a high powered air blowing device....

It this a 120mm or 140mm ?

Associate
Well dust never helps. If your case has filters and good airflow to the GPU you could flip your PSU to face up. Or just buy/make some thin foam and cut to shape, then make a simple plastic bracket from anything, glue together, then screw onto case.

Associate
I guess you have not got a "high tech measuring device?" :)
:D

Googling the master watt lite 500 tells me it has a 120mm fan, but you really need the size of the case grill. Measuring with a tape measure, or searching for the make and model of your case as well as the relevant details would be best.

Or just cut some stockings/tights to size and tape them to the bottom. You’ll never see it and it is cheap effective dust filter.

As for, “is it necessary”, I would say yes. Others may disagree.

Associate
OP
Thanks. If the psu is exhausting out the bottom then surely no need ? It would only be necessary if it was an intake?

Associate
OP
Correct...but your psu is intake at bottom...as they all are :)

Ya im still learning. It's definitely an intake.

I'll order a 120mm magnetic one in the next few days. I threw the original one out as It didn't clip into the case properly.

Might just use my compressed air regularly.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ya im still learning. It's definitely an intake.

I'll order a 120mm magnetic one in the next few days. I threw the original one out as It didn't clip into the case properly.

Might just use my compressed air regularly.

Once you fit it just make sure you remember to check it regularly...i forgot about mine and it was very clogged up and was causing pc to cut out after a while...drove me nuts till i remembered about it :)

Still learning too :)

Back
Top Bottom