PSU gone?

Associate
Heyho. Was on the computer yesterday evening when suddenly power went down in house. Originally we thought it was related to the poor weather in dublin but then realised it was only part of the house and switching back the switch on the fuse board sorted it out.

It happened just as I was heading out for the evening so I thought nothing of it. However I came home tonight to find out main computer would not switch on. I tried plugging it in directly to the main instead of the power strip but no joy. I tried the power cable from this computer here but no joy. I tried disconnecting all but the cables to the motherboard and the cpu fan but still nothing. I don't even seem to be getting motherboard lights (though in fairness I don't know if my motherboard has any its a DFI lan party nforce4). Its an enermax liberty 620 watt psu I got from here about 15 months ago. Is it busted basically or is there anything else it could be before I go out and get another one?

Cheers

Data

Associate
OP
ok cheers chaps. This morning I tried to connect the working psu from my second machine to my current machine but it is an older generation so i don't believe it was possible. So i hooked up the potentially broken psu to my older machine and when i plugged in a second power wire it tripped the switch in the house again and a spark and smoke came out of the psu.

I picked up a hiper 530w non modular jobbie for now to tide me over while I look at RMA. It is installed and ok for the most part I am typing from my original machine now. I have a couple of queries as I am out of the loop if you could help please. I have a molex connection on the DFI motherboard. I'm not sure what it is for should I be plugging a cable into it? Also I have 3 120mm fans in the case that just have standard molex connectors however I have not been able to get them back running so I'm gonna see if I can sort that now

Back
Top Bottom