Psu help - No 4pin power lead..

Permabanned
I've an Enermax EG565AX-VE(G) and I'm trying to hook it up to a friend's motherboard for testing purposes. Problem is there isn't a 4pin connector on the PSU that the motherboard requires but there are two 6 pin connectors. Now I know what you are gonna say but trust me, they do NOT split. I've inspected both closely and tried to pry them apart in every which way and no doubt about it, they are both just one adapter.

Am I screwed? Or overlooking something? If it would go is it okay to try and fit the 6 pin into the 4 and have 2 pins over hanging?

Thanks people.

Permabanned
OP
Just googled the psu model and the pic shows it as having a 4 pin. Not on mine. It's a 6 pin which again, is deffo not splittable and even if it was it wouldn't fit cause the pins aren't the right way up!

Man of Honour
Six pin connectors will be for the gpu. You should have a dual 4 pin that makes a 8 pin for the cpu. It should have clear connectors labelled 12v with a arrow on each pointing to each other. It was even labelled "for use on cpu only" when new. See here, 15th and 16th pictures down the page.

Permabanned
There is a clear connector like that but it doesn't have arrows on it and it's definitely not splittable either. I don't know what the hell is going on. The psu was borrowed by a friend from a friend at work.

Don
If the 8 pin connector doesn't split apart as a 4+4 then:

If there is space to the side (i.e. no raised components) of the 4 pin socket on the motherboard, you can probably plug the 8 pin connector in, letting the remaining 4 pins hand over the side.

Permabanned
That should be the one, 2x 4 pin connectors join together to make a 8 pin. Can you post a piccy up to make sure? Pretty confident that's the one though.

Yeah I will do.

Armageus, thought about doing that. Only problem is the gap between each pin isn't wide enough for the border of the cpu socket to slide between. I could always try wedging something between pins on the lead to widen the gap a little I guess.

Back
Top Bottom