1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSU Replacement

Discussion in 'New to PC gaming & upgrade advice' started by u102199, Aug 1, 2020.

1. u102199

Associate

Hi, I have an EVGA 750 G+ PSU (120-GP-0750) which has packed up, can anyone recommend a replacement, maybe a bit beefier to last longer than 6 months like this one did?
    Rest of spec is: Ryzen 5 3600, B450 Motherboard, Geforce GTX980ti 6GB.
    Thanks in advance

2. Sparx

Mobster

How old is it? Those EVGA models have a 10 year warranty. That model itself is only 2-3 years old isn't it?

Edit: Sorry misread it only lasted 6 months, very odd. You don't need more wattage, I think you just got very unlucky. I would just RMA it... They're usually pretty good from what I hear.

I put a similar (but older) model EVGA PSU as a replacement in my old rig 6-7 years ago, still going strong.

Edit2: But if really want a diff one then either this Corsair RM650 or Phanteks Amp 650 is plenty powerful enough. Your system is probably lucky to even pull 350-400w at full load. The 980 Ti is only a 250w GPU and 3600 pulls 70w.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
  3. u102199

Associate

Ah, thanks for your help, I will RMA it, but I'm short on time as my son is competing in quite a big online event next weekend, so was hoping I could get hold of something suitable with plenty of time to get it swapped and checked out, don't want to be messing about on Friday evening if you see what I mean, so if anyone has a recommendation, then I'd appreciate your thoughts, don't think they make this one any more, availability is certainly thin on the ground when I look online.

4. Sparx

Mobster

I’ve edited my post again with 2 suggestions :)

When it comes to the RMA, if EVGA discontinue it I’m quite sure they just give you the newer model equivalent.

5. Gray2233

Mobster

It's possible that EvGA will offer a fast track replacement for the RMA, they'd ask you to pay a refundable deposit and send a replacement unit out straight away.

I know other manufacturers such as Seasonic do this, and EvGA is known for good customer support.

It's worth contacting them to see before forking out for a new PSU.

6. Sparx

Mobster

7. u102199

Associate

Thanks all.