PSU upgrade advice

Associate
Hi guys. Just looking for some advice for a PSU upgrade.

My current system is a o/c 'Hogger' pre-built from Overclockers UK:

- Case: Coolermaster Elite 335 - Black
- Power Supply: Corsair 500w PSU
- CPU: Intel Core i3 550 3.20GHz Clarkdale (o/c 4.2)
- Motherboard: Intel H55 (Socket 1156) PCI-Express DDR3 Motherboard
- Cooler: Xigmatek Dark Knight CPU Cooler
- RAM: 4GB DDR3 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit
- Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 6GB/s
- Graphics Card: OcUK GeForce GTS 450 1024MB
- Sound: Realtek 7.1 Channel Sound (On-Board)
- Optical Drive: LG DVD+/-RW SATA Drive

I am going to order:

MSI GeForce GTX 570 OC Twin FrozR III Power Edition 1280MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card

But also over the next 6 months or so I am intending on picking up another GTX 570 to run SLi, and upgrade the mobo/cpu to a Sandybridge i5/i7 quad core or greater depending on what is out in the future.

I will be overclocking the gfx cards and any cpu I get in the future. Looking for a PSU that can handle the upgrades so I don't have to upgrade it again. Suggestions for PSU's from this site would be great, never had a problem with OCuk before so I will stick to whom I know. Im kind of looking for something that will give me 'best bang for buck'. Not looking for anything that would be considered an overkill!

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks for the help buddy. Looking forwards to getting my hands 'dirty' haven't dabbled in PC's since before the xbox360 came out =)

Soldato
Thanks for the help buddy. Looking forwards to getting my hands 'dirty' haven't dabbled in PC's since before the xbox360 came out =)

A 5 year old could swap out and change a PSU. You will breeze through it in 10 minutes.

If you go for a modular one... then it's even easier and tidier when it comes to managing the cables. Makes it look nicer and helps improve airflow.

Top Bottom