PSU with thin/flexible/easy to hide cables

Soldato
I have just installed my PC into a Corsair Carbide 400Q v2. It appears to be a decent enough case. However, my dear old Antec NeoHE 550W, which is and has been a fantastic PSU, isn't so suited to being positioned at the bottom of a case. One cable in particular isn't long enough and some of the others are tough to get behind the motherboard tray easily. At present all cables are in the main body of the case itself. This is not acceptable!

I would like a PSU with better cables essentially. A couple of models I am considering are the:
Can anyone offer their view as to which has the better cables for my needs? Are there any other PSUs I should consider?

Cheers!

Man of Honour
You can't really go wrong with either of them. The downside to the Bitfenix is that it has a huge 24 pin plug. The EVGA is based on Superflowers latest Leadex II platform and is a cracking psu. That's the one I would buy. No need to suggest anything else as there is nothing significantly better than the EVGA.

Have you looked at cable extensions? They fit any psu as they only plug onto the end of the existing cables. It sounds like you have very little space behind the motherboard tray though so this may not be a suitable option for you.

Soldato
OP
I measured up the cables on the Antec against the EVGA. The G3 550W would give me an extra 15cm on the CPU power cable, which is the one I was struggling with the most. As a result I ordered one and fitted it this morning. Pleasingly all the power cables are now behind the motherboard tray and my case is more nicely arranged as a result.

The new power supply is also noticeably more power efficient both at idle and load. I guess it will help pay for itself over time :)

Back
Top Bottom